Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange bumps at back of tongue

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Strange bumps at back of tongue

hi all,
    During the course of the day I have had a strange taste in my mouth (its a bit foul and kinda tastes like I have bad breath) and I looked in the mirror earlier and noticed 2 things: At the very back of my tongue I have large lumps, they're not painful and I can't feel them but they are very noticeable to look at. And secondly a white coating over my tongue. I have had oral thrush last year and the white coating looks like it could be oral thrush, which I know will be easy to fix, but I have never had these lumps before. I showed my mum and she said everyone has lumps at the back of the tongue and from time to time they can look larger. Can anyone please help? Sorry if the photo is gross!

• I think that if you looked in your mom's mouth you would see it looks similar. You might want to consider brushing and scraping your tongue. Certain foods can get stuck in your tastebuds.

When I drink my homemeade juice my tongue turns green. My mouth feels, tastes and smells sickly. It's extremely difficult to get with a toothbrush. Getting a tongue scraper was a game changer.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• If you go to MDhealth.co**** there is a section on oral health. This is a site I used a lot, to help with my studies, while in nursing school. I trust them more than other sites but no web site is a substitute for proper medical care.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
      ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• I have no lumps whatsoever. Is it possible it's warts on the tongue?
        [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• Those lumps look like circumvallate papillae( a type of taste bud)...yours look a bit further forward on the tongue than some people's but I don't think it's a problem. Is it possible you just didn't notice them before? The thrush though you should try to treat.
          “...choose to believe in your own myth
          your own glamour
          your own spell
          a young woman who does this
          (even if she is just pretending)
          has everything....”
          ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

• I'm sorry for being rude but your tounge has made me scared..
            Your tounge condition might be the symptom of oral thrush which has creamy-white color slowly appearing and the position is often on the tongue and the inner side of your cheeks and lips. Oral thrush is caused by a type of fungus known as Candida Albicans. It can expand into the roof of the gums, tonsils, mouth and even back of the throat and thus, displaying the very first symptoms such as redness, creamy white lesions, or even bleeding. Once remains untreated, oral thrush can depress the immune system and further serious diseases are allowed to seize. (I got these information thanks to this: authorityremedies dot com/home-remedies-for-oral-thrush)
            So you better have it cured right away, you should go to the doctor and take note down these easy home remedies to boost the healing process:
            - Warm salt water: Gargle this water and repeat until the symptoms are reduced and you feel comfortable. Use your fingers to gently apply some salt on your tongue and rub it for a few seconds. Then rinse your mouth using warm water. Repeat it twice every day for a couple of days.
            - Garlic: thanks to its anti-fungal capability which can help destroying bacteria and yeast inside your mouth and further boosting up your immune system, garlic I believe is one of the most effective home remedies for oral thrush.
            In addition, you should eat yogurt every day, yogurt contains a lot of good bacteria that fight against bad ones in your mouth. 2 cups of yogurt every day is great!
            Last edited by jns; 01-12-2017, 01:56 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• U2 Feedback

I love U2: I checked out their website. I think some of the members were rude about U2: which was totally unfair. U2 produce great music and those insults...

09-09-2019, 09:57 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Diagnosis on Netflix

There are only 7 episodes, but I found this to be such an informative, interesting and eye-opening show. I was truly captivated by it and wanted to recommend...

09-05-2019, 07:43 AM By Ashlee T.
            • Is it weird that I'm addicted to giving BJs?

I know this is probably going to sound like a windup but it's a genuine question. And a warning to fellas: any comment along the lines of "come give...

09-04-2019, 06:05 PM By GillBlack
            • High Fat, High Carbohydrate, High Protein – Which Works Best?

When I was struggling to continue my progress last year, a couple of good friends started suggesting that I figure out my “macros” and “reduce carbs.”...

09-04-2019, 12:24 AM By Stillness
            • Hurricane Dorian devastation

I watched some videos from hurricane Dorian last night. I hope our members or readers in the Carribean are safe.

And I suppose our members...

09-03-2019, 07:42 AM By atskitty2
            Working...
            X