Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My butt hurts

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• My butt hurts

I fell down the stair a few weeks ago and landed on my butt. The first few days were very painful sitting. Now most of the pain is gone, but I feel pain on my tail bone when I have been sitting for long periods. Should I be worried?
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

• First, gotta say that I just watched an episode of Family Guy where Peter had a prostate exam and didn't realize what it really entailed. The whole episode was about him being violated with all these puns about his butt. So....your post title made me chuckle.

Sorry you fell. You probably did just bruise yourself up good. A chiro visit couldn't hurt....when you fall like that on your hiney it's going to cause some abrupt spinal compression.

You couldn't also gotten a small fracture, depending on how hard you fell. Probably not though. I'd suggest just giving it a while longer and then if its not better going to get it checked out.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• If you don't have one already, get one of those donut hole pillows to sit on to take the pressure off when sitting.
      Get well soon!

Comment

• Well, I wouldn't worry, but if it's been a few weeks, I'd schedule an appointment to speak with the doc. Earlier intervention is always better.

Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

• Some things take a while to heal. If you are concerned, go to a doctor and get x-rays. Otherwise, maybe ibuprofen will help. Get well soon.
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Well I can sure sympathize with you Dream. I had a mishap doing something stupid about 35 years ago and fractured my tail bone. Let's just say after the black and blue went away, it was about 5 months before I was pain free from this injury. This one injury you really never forget about. : - (
            When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• How's your hiney?
              "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I hope things have gotten better.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Better but not completely. It still hurts if I have to still for more than a hour like while driving.
                  Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                  • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  Working...
                  X