Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

memory

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• memory

today went to store to get one item but then forgot what it was, walked around thinking I'd remember but never did
    seems I forget things from my short term memory a lot, but long term memory seems ok

does this happen to others, also?

• Happens to me A LOT. More than I care to admit.

I think for me, it's aging and I noticed a big difference when this illness set in.
    As I'm relearning to focus, meditate and relax, it's getting better. I just get distracted too easily.

I've also decided recently, that my job requirements contribute greatly to my difficulty with staying focused and accomplishing something to completion. Multitasking (aka half-assing) just tends to breed confusion, especially when it's a team effort.
    I cannot stop it at work, as it's the nature of the beast, but at home, I've made very conscious effort to STOP trying to do 5 things at once.

So, I don't mean to stray from your topic, but i do think our memory is worsened with stress and mood. Having our minds' cooperation. I believe we have some amount of control. Try it...see if you also find improvement over the coming months.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
      Happens to me A LOT.
      Multitasking (aka half-assing) just tends to breed confusion, .
      Thanks, Kitty!
      Many women do multitask, probably some men, also. It is definitely distracting.

Just seems strange when you have so many passwords/phone numbers stored in brain and no problem.
      But to forget only one grocery item, is baffling to me. If it was a number, probably would have remembered.

Comment

• I've got a terrible memory. I am smart and understand complicated matters but I just can't remember some things. It is really annoying, too and isn't great when doing an exam. Anyhow, my close male friend has an awful memory, too. Although, he does have a head injury. He's super smart but forgetting things seem on par with him. We're cut from the same cloth, I reckon.

Comment

• a couple young clerks told me they have memory problems

do you think memory troubles with young people could be related to always texting/ social media, frequent distractions?

Comment

• Yes, this happens to me often.
            I'll forget what I'm cooking for dinner as I'm getting ready to cook.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
            • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            Working...
            X