• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Benefits Of Fruit Juice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Benefits Of Fruit Juice

Hi friends,

Health improvements can be made by drinking fruit juice versus conventional soft drinks. The obesity epidemic, particularly among children, is in part caused by the high consumption of conventional soft drinks.

Just how much or how many soft drinks would be considered permissible - none if you are seeking optimal health.

The main concern with conventional soft drinks is their high concentration of processed sugars, artificial colorings, flavorings, and carbonation. Yes, even the carbonation (the bubbles and fizz) are known to contribute to health problems. Some experts suggest that the chemistry involved with the carbonation leaches minerals from bones and joints. And no, artificial sweeteners are not the solution, in fact, they cause their own unique problems such as increased inflammation of body tissues.

So, the ultimate solution is to avoid conventional soft drinks, replacing them with pure water or fruit juice. Juice, although it can also cause health problems in large quantities, is less harmful. But beware that some fruit juices are just disguised soft drinks. You must look at the label of ingredients and take note of what has been added. Seek juices with no added sweeteners, colors, or artificial flavorings. truly the best juice would be that which you make yourself at home. Many commercially prepared juices don't make it into a consumers grocery cart for weeks or months after it's production, diminishing much of it's nutritional benefit other than calories.

Thanks

welcome to WH, ahsan!

Drs and dentists say to limit fruit juices for children
    (our pediatric dentist wrote an article in one of his newsletters to limit juice)

it is far better to eat the fruit and stick to water for drinking

Comment

I am guilty of drinking a lot of sugary drinks, but that is my prerogative. I don't like drinking water. It is bland and boring. I drink orange juice and fizzy water. I have the odd glass of coca-cola, too. But I still look after my teeth: I don't let them rot. Anyhow, that is just me.

Comment

Popcorn&Candy Have you ever tried water with fresh lemon squeezed into it? I think that like anything water can be an acquired taste. If you drink it, you'll learn to like it.

If you smelled strawberry perfumed air all day, non-perfumed air might be "bland and boring." But air is a basic requirement of life. It doesn't excite the senses like perfume, but it's not unpleasant to breathe. It's similar with water. You're hooked to your senses being excited when you drink. Water won't do that to the same extent, but it is pleasant to drink if you acquire the taste for it.
        "Those sowing seed with tears
        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Hey. Very useful topic on the forum. Nowadays people need a lot of useful foods to eat. I think juices are a very good option. All fresh juices contain biologically active substances. They are rapidly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract and take part in biochemical processes. Take part is in the process of metabolism. The benefits of fresh juices are great. If you take them regularly and in moderation, you can perfectly improve the body. It is possible to remove harmful metabolic products from the body. All this will make your metabolism work faster and more actively. It will give cheerfulness, health, calm nerves and strengthen immunity.
          But be careful not to hurt yourself. Firstly, it is not known whether fruits are grown from which you make juice in environmental conditions and without harmful additives. And secondly, the juices contain useful substances that can have unpredictable effects on the body. Therefore, juice should not be drunk in liters. For example, grapefruit juice contains a substance that can increase or decrease the activity of certain drugs. Prepare the juice immediately before the reception. Within a few minutes the biologically active substances contained in it begin to deteriorate. There is an exception - beet juice, it must be previously held for about 2 hours in the refrigerator. Then substances that have a harmful effect on the body will be destroyed in it. Drink the juice for 30-40 minutes before eating. At this time it will be most useful, as it will very quickly suck in an empty stomach. He immediately enters into biochemical processes. After eating, juice (especially fruit) is better not to drink, since, mixing with food, it will cause the release of a large number of gases in the intestines. Drink the juice better through the tube, and then rinse your mouth with water. In juices, many organic acids that soften and destroy hard tissues of the teeth. Vegetable juices (except for tomato) should not be drunk in large quantities. It is better to add them to fruit juices. For example, in apple; Carrot and beet juice at the same time should not be more than a third of the total volume. To beet juice it is better to get used gradually, starting with small amounts diluted in water. Many people do not tolerate raw beet juice. Therefore, I think that this is very useful. But everyone needs to choose their own juices, so that they will do good and do no harm. Good luck to you.

Comment

Good advice, Loric2014!

I am not against drinking water: I just don't like it. However, I do realize the importance of drinking 8 glasses a day. To be fair, I don't drink soda very often, so I am not rotting my teeth or damaging my stomach. I love fruit juice, however. I will drink water with a small amount of reduced sugar squash. I do have some common sense!

Comment

Working...
            X