Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

neck

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• does anyone hear cracking noises in their neck sometimes?

don't think it did that before

Comment

• I have always been able to "crack" just about every joint (and then some)... I would crack and pop my neck several times a day since high school, and it stayed relatively pain free. A year or two before my health failed, I stopped being able to crack my neck and back...and that's when I can remember some pain creeping in.
      I thought maybe I had Ehler Danlos at one point...

Anyway, yes. To answer your question. I've been working hard to get the flexibility, mobility and strength back in my neck and back. It actually cracked for the first time at the gym a few days ago, and it felt so good!!!

For me, I think the lack of mobility and flexibility in the joints, has just diminished my ability to get enough crank in my neck to let the joint "pop". When I was getting trigger point therapy, it cracked a few times...

I'm not suggesting this is good or bad for you or anyone. For me, it relieves a lot of pain and pressure in my joints.
      The cracking sounds heard, are believed to be air or joint fluid buildup being released from the capsule. Keep in mind also, your neck being so close to your ears, you probably hear it louder, and possibly even hear those tense muscles and ligaments in there stretching. For me, I think it's a lifetime of mild inflammation that has just done too much damage.

Comment

• thanks for answering atskitty2

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Very light brown discharge

Hello all, I had very light brown discharge yesterday that did not last very long and hasn't happened since. My period should be starting any day now,...

Today, 10:41 AM By Emit
        • Reply to Hoo hot for sex?

Refresh my memory Muffin, how old are you and your wife? It can get pretty hot in the summer in Canada and where I live humidity can be a killer as well,...

Today, 07:26 AM By Claret
        • Reply to How to gain weight fast?

Hi,
          Try some fatty foods eat burgers, pizzas etc. Consume carbs as much as you can. Else if you want to take any supplement take double XXL gainer...

Today, 04:24 AM By paulgonzales86
        • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

Yesterday, 06:29 PM By muffin70
        • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

CapeCRunner - Were you posting here back when kiddo #1 was born? For some reason I feel that I remember when you became pregnant for the first time. Anyway,...

Yesterday, 05:59 PM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X