Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hurt my ankle during my trip. Should I get a check up?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I hurt my ankle during my trip. Should I get a check up?

I’m currently on tour for a social dating tour and I’ve recently hurt my ankle pretty bad the other day. I wouldn’t call it an urgent medical emergency but it is painful enough for me to consider getting it checked on. My question is, should I get it when I get back or here? The thing is, I’d have to skip a day of the tour just for the check up and I don’t really want to because it’ll be a waste of money and time. I’m also unfamiliar with the area as well so, I’ll have to either go on my own or ask someone from the staff if it’s possible. Need some suggestions on this though to make sure.

• How much longer will your trip last? You could get an appropriate sized ace (elastic) bandage or equivalent and wrap the ankle for support. Icing the ankle may be critical so there is minimal swelling. Swelling could lead to complications such as cutting off circulation and that could necessitate a hospital stay. Maybe there is a local clinic you could go to. Where are you visiting?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I agree with jns. I hope your ankle gets better soon.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X