• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I invest in eyeglasses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I invest in eyeglasses?

I have pretty okay eyesight with slight astigmatism. My left eye is about 25 while my right eye is 50. Though with my job being a writer for international dating blogs, review blogs, and video editing, I spend most of my days in front of the computer. On some days, my head would start to ache and I wonder if it’s about time I invest on glasses. I’m not much of a spender so I’m doubting if I really do need them with my grade being so low. My headaches are probably from lack of sleep or something. I also hear that you can upgrade the lenses with anti-screen and anti-UV options. What do you guys think? For those with glasses, do you think it’s a wise decision to invest in them?

Lack of corrected vision is a cause of headaches, at least for me it is. If one eye is almost correct and the other is blurry, your body will compensate and will get an almost focused image. Meanwhile the eye that is blurry will continuously try to focus, which will cause tension in muscles and headaches. You did not state your age. The problem will get worse when your eyes no longer can focus near. This often happens in your forties. I wear bifocals because of it. It may take a little while to get used to the correction with new glasses but it is worth it. How much will a prescription, the lenses and the frames cost?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by jns View Post
      Lack of corrected vision is a cause of headaches, at least for me it is. If one eye is almost correct and the other is blurry, your body will compensate and will get an almost focused image. Meanwhile the eye that is blurry will continuously try to focus, which will cause tension in muscles and headaches. You did not state your age. The problem will get worse when your eyes no longer can focus near. This often happens in your forties. I wear bifocals because of it. It may take a little while to get used to the correction with new glasses but it is worth it. How much will a prescription, the lenses and the frames cost?
      Thanks for the overview, it's really helpful for me. I'm not quite sure how much everything will cost. I'll visit an optician soon though so I can have an estimate.

Comment

If you do need glasses, don't get them from the optician. They charge way too much. Take the script & go to a discount eyewear place. They can add what you want for much less that the optician.
        You are worthy!

Comment

I agree with jns.

Comment

Working...
          X