Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronic Migraines

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Chronic Migraines

Hi everyone, I'm writing in hopes to start a conversation about what has worked for others with migraines. I've had migraines off and on for years. At times they have seemed hormonal related, and I have gotten some relief from balancing hormones and sometimes with taking a drug called simutriptan or rizatriptan (not really sure the difference). But now I'm getting them more frequently and wondering if any of these things have helped you, or anything else that's worked. Thanks! ~Wishing you good health

• What type of migraine do you have?

Have you had an evaluation with your doctor for these?

Have you considered dietary links? How about stress links?

Comment

• I'm afraid I don't have any advice, but you're not alone. I do think if your medication isn't strong enough, you do need to talk to your doctor. I am not saying there is a pill for everything but she/he needs to know what's going on with your migraines. I do have sympathy for you, because a close friend of mine has a head injury and he gets headaches and the suchlike. It is obviously deeply unpleasant. But tell your doctor what you've told us. There isn't a magic cure, but there are other tips, such as getting enough sleep, avoiding loud music at night, etc. I do hope I've helped.

Comment

• Thanks everyone! I'm going to see my doctor today. Thanks for the tips and suggestions of what to look into as well!

Comment

• How did your trip to the doctor go, eschaad1? Was he/she able to help at all? I hope to read your reply.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Very light brown discharge

Hello all, I had very light brown discharge yesterday that did not last very long and hasn't happened since. My period should be starting any day now,...

Today, 10:41 AM By Emit
          • Reply to Hoo hot for sex?

Refresh my memory Muffin, how old are you and your wife? It can get pretty hot in the summer in Canada and where I live humidity can be a killer as well,...

Today, 07:26 AM By Claret
          • Reply to How to gain weight fast?

Hi,
            Try some fatty foods eat burgers, pizzas etc. Consume carbs as much as you can. Else if you want to take any supplement take double XXL gainer...

Today, 04:24 AM By paulgonzales86
          • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

Yesterday, 06:29 PM By muffin70
          • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

CapeCRunner - Were you posting here back when kiddo #1 was born? For some reason I feel that I remember when you became pregnant for the first time. Anyway,...

Yesterday, 05:59 PM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X