Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Love Reading?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Do You Love Reading?

I do: I am addicted. I have finished reading a book this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have now started reading another novel.

I borrow all my books from the library. Although, I do have collections of books at home: such as Nancy Drew, Christopher Pike, Point Horror, etc. I have always loved reading. I have read many women's magazines over the years, too. Such as:

Cosmopolitan
    Glamour
    Sugar
    Just 17
    Good Housekeeping
    Marie Claire
    Woman & Home
    Cosmo Teen
    Company

I am a magazine junkie and book addict. What about you?

• I take it by spells! I love reading poetry and informational articles where I learn something.

I also can't pass up peeking at a Cosmo when I'm standing in a check-out line. lol. When I was younger, I LOVED Seventeen magazine.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• You're a woman after my own heart, Ashlee T. I also loved Just 17 magazine as a teenager. I don't read a lot of poems BUT I do enjoy reading song lyrics: weird but true. I save lyrics into my bookmark feed and just read the lyrics of famous songs, such as Mariah's "Heartbreaker" and "American Pie", etc.

As for information articles: I do read the guardian online. It is my go-to website. I also post their articles onto my Facebook feed. I like to stay informed of world matters and politics.

Back to reading books: I finished reading a rather good book yesterday evening. I used to read in bed, but read on the sofa now. I am always reading books and always will. There is never anything boring about novels. But one book I love isn't a novel, but is a lifestyle/design/beauty categorized book called "Cupcakes and Cashmere" by Emily Schuman. Trust me: it's excellent. Emily models in her book, too. She is definitely model material.

Anyhow, thank you for your reply, Ashlee T. It is wonderful to have people on here to reply to!

Comment

• I still use the library very regularly. I am addicted to reading. As for my magazines: I only read "Good Housekeeping" these days. Still, I'll always treasure vintage Cosmo. I absolutely LOVED that magazine as a teenager and in my 20's. Cosmo isn't the same anymore, though. Which is sad. The soul in it has gone and it doesn't appeal to me anymore.

Anyhow, I am still reading novels and always will.

Comment

• Ooh, I love crime novels myself. I have also read a lot of fictional books about the world wars. The library I use tends to have many books about that subject. Of course my local library has newer works, too.

Reading is a wonderful pasttime.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to AC7

Funnily enough, I bought peanut butter from the supermarket yesterday! I had a peanut butter sandwich this morning: delicious. I wouldn't attempt to make...

Today, 05:51 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to I dont trust Mother

I can understand your feelings about your brother: he should've known better than to take and squander your mother's money. Because - as you know - he...

Today, 05:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to So nervous about my first pap smear

I second Ashlee T's post.

It'll be over before you know it and will be painless. You could talk to the nurse doing the pap smear and tell...

Today, 05:40 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to What kind of music do you listen to?

I am definitely a pop princess when it comes to music! I love Kylie, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Pussycat Dolls. As you can tell,...

Today, 05:34 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to hello all

Welcome back, Olympia!

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X