Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeast and BV issues

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Yeast and BV issues

Hello

I am new to this forum and am hoping to get feedback from woman with similar experiences. I have been dealing with BV for years. I have never been able to find a cure. I have seen many doctors. I have however kinda kept it under raps with boric acid suppositories. About 4 months ago I got a UTI and was put on antibiotics. After that I have been dealing with a yeast infection that just keeps coming back, no mater how many different antifungal meds the doctors give me. I tried to treat it myself with 2 weeks of boric acid and it seemed to get rid of the yeast but then after I stopped taking it I got the worst BV I have ever had. My doctor then put me on antibiotics again. I was like wonderful here comes the yeast infection again......

This time around while taking the antibiotics I am also trying to do more natural things to keep the yeast at bay. I have cut sugar almost completely. Also trying my best to stay away from carbs. Two other things I do is taking lots of probiotics. I take 1 RAW Probiotic Vaginal care in the morning with food and a large glass of water. At night I inset in my vagina 2 000size capsules filled with Bio-K liquid and then drink about 1/4 of the bottle.

I am also drink a gallon of water every day.

Lastly I have started taking Natural Factors Oil of oregano. In the morning I take 4 drops put them in olive oil and hold it under my tongue for about 5 min then fill my mouth with water and swish it around for another min or two then swallow it. Then at night I take 2 more drops in olive oil and hold it on top of my tongue for about 5 min then fill my mouth with water swish it around then spit it out. This last step I started doing as I noticed my tongue was white so I think the yeast has moved to my mouth as well.

I wanted to get some feedback from you all. I want to know your experiences and if you think I'm finally on the right track.

Thank you so much!

• Curious what your symptoms are? What's your stress level and over all health status?
    And where did you read to do all these things? Are you monitoring your vaginal pH?

I've had a problem since Nov/Dec time frame. I've seen 3 different docs, looking for appropriate treatment and answers, none of whom can provide any answers or treatment to solve the issues. It's made me miserable. I'm frustrated and desperate.
    Mine is a long story, so I'll simply tell you where I am now, after fighting the circular battle of BV, yeast and uti...

The last doc I saw suggested it's an overgrowth of Group B Strep, and initiated treatment for that, which worked only temporarily. She may be right that it's this overgrowth of this normal flora. I'm treating with natural remedies as well, trying to restore the acidity of the vaginal area. It's way too alkaline. I'm cautiously optimistic, after about 5 days on this path, it seems to be mildly improving. I'm taking Vitamin C, garlic suppositories (gag), pro-biotics, and drinking diluted ACV (not a new thing for me)...and if this doesn't work, I'm going to add in some other treatments.
    Like I said, I'm desperate. The discharge is un-freaking-believable. I could never have imagined a discharge heavier than my periods used to be. (I'm menopausal)

So, very interested in your experience.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X