Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spider In My Bedroom

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Spider In My Bedroom

I was getting ready for bed last night: and there it was. I'm not afraid of spiders, so let it live.

When you see the spider in your home, do you kill it or put it outside? Oh: my dad was getting ready in the morning, when he reached for his jeans. Then a huge spider skuttled out and my dad had to put it outside. It was a big one, as well.

'Tis the season of the spider.

• My father found yet another spider in his house: and she was huge. He just put her in a glass and let her outside, well away from the house.

She was a gorgeous spider.

Comment

• I don't do spiders. I. Just. Can't.
      Inside the house, they die. that's the only thing I'll kill.

When I encounter them outside, I move away, quickly...and sometimes with a squealing sound that embarrasses me. I don't know where the fear and loathing comes from, but it's deep. I know it's irrational and all, but yet, it's true.

On a hike recently, I nearly walked into a web. I saw it just in time, curved into some matrix-like maneuvering to avoid it, and then.screamed like a school girl. My partner said he could never have imagined me behaving in such a way. Its embarrassing, but I can't help myself. The terror is overwhelming at times. I told him that's probably the only thing he's ever gonna see me lose my cool over.

????

Comment

• Spiders are almost pet-level in my home, especially the cellar spiders. They're some of the best animals in the world to me.

They don't bite. They don't eat my food. I don't have to feed them because they eat the creatures that do bite me and eat my food. They want to be in my home but are terrified of me, so they stay as far away as they can. How is it possible for an animal to be better than that?

I do kill some species, though. If my wife complains I have to get rid of them. And if they're over my bed, they've got to go. Once an egg hatched over my bed and there were hundreds of them all over the place. I had to vacuum my entire bedroom, including the ceiling and wash my sheets.

I also spare centipedes for similar reasons. They're not as good as spiders though, because they don't fear humans. One of them bit me once, but it was a misunderstanding, so I still let them stay around.
        "Those sowing seed with tears
        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• I get so many flies around my house during the summer and if I keep windows and doors open then they come in. Spiders help control the situation. I actually have 2 spiders that live in wing mirrors or my car. They make webs every day. I love having them there lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMr View Post
            Spiders help control the situation. I actually have 2 spiders that live in wing mirrors or my car. They make webs every day. I love having them there lol
            ^This guy gets it. Spiders are the enemies of our enemies.
            "Those sowing seed with tears
            Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X