Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I addicted to Ullefurgh?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Am I addicted to Ullefurgh?

I’m nervous because I have been drinking Ullefurgh too much more than 4 times a day. All of my nearest friends prohibited me not to drink Ullefurgh more than 1 time per day. But I can’t keep myself abstain from it. Am I really addicted or not? Please give me better advice.

• I am not sure what Ullefurgh is, but if you cannot keep yourself from drinking it then I would agree that sounds like an addiction. Even when we enjoy something tremendously, we typically still possess the control to abstain from it.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Pine needles, hot water, and rabbit fat are all you need to make Ullefurgh, the favorite beverage of the Bardur youth. Look up Polytopia. BTW, rabbit is a very lean meat. In the spring time, the indigenous peoples of the Americas didn't have many sources of food, so they often ate rabbit where rabbits were available. If their diet did not contain other sources of fat, they were susceptible to protein poisoning.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Are you making it yourself? If you know there's nothing else in it that could be habit-forming or addictive, then there should be no true "addiction". Perhaps it's just your strong desire for it, that is preventing your will-power and better judgement from winning over?

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post
          Pine needles, hot water, and rabbit fat are all you need to make Ullefurgh, the favorite beverage of the Bardur youth. Look up Polytopia. BTW, rabbit is a very lean meat. In the spring time, the indigenous peoples of the Americas didn't have many sources of food, so they often ate rabbit where rabbits were available. If their diet did not contain other sources of fat, they were susceptible to protein poisoning.
          Wow. I have never heard of this. I even googled it yesterday and couldn't come up with anything. It sounds like I should have searched Polytopia instead. Interesting.

I'll go back then to my original point. We all have things we enjoy and sometimes compromise our self-control because we want what we want. Shows like "My Strange Addiction" on TLC helped me to learn that dependency and addiction are often two separate things. Our bodies may not be physically dependent upon something, but we still may feel addicted to it. It's sort of like sexual addiction - it does create pleasure chemicals and endorphins that we like the feeling of and therefore, seek more. Some to the point of addiction. The same can occur in our brains when we eat or drink something we get pleasure from.

If this is negatively interfering with your health, your personal life, your job and/or your finances - it may be a true problem that you need to either seek help for or first try yourself to reign in. If it isn't causing any of those negative things, I wouldn't worry about it.
          "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I've never heard of it! I'm not sure I can be much help, but this certainly makes me never want to drink another ever again.

I'm not sure what advice to give. Are you able to replace it with water?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Top 5 Drinks Which Helps Lose Weight

Drinks containing ginger, carbonated water, apple cider vinegar, water, and protein shakes are top 5 drinks, which can help to lose weight....

02-21-2020, 03:50 AM By TerenceBlacker
            • Reply to Old member

If that's genuinely the lifestyle you want, then honestly, it's not that difficult to find those arrangements in the US. They are more and more common,...

02-20-2020, 08:03 AM By atskitty2
            • Reply to I can't get over it!

I'm very sorry for your loss. That's a devastating loss that, I can imagine, could really never be fully recovered from. Have you been seeing a grief...

02-20-2020, 07:52 AM By atskitty2
            • Reply to Old member

Kiyomi being not sure tells me that she is almost certain that she doesn't want to continue with the previous arrangement. It will be hard finding someone...

02-19-2020, 04:10 PM By jns
            • Reply to Old member

I've talked with my ex and Kiyomi, he wants to get back together, Kiyomi is not sure about it. I'm bisexual and doubt I could ever be happy without having...

02-19-2020, 11:16 AM By chaya

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• What do you mean by Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)?

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, commonly known as PCOS is a health condition that affects 10 million women in the world. Genetics, as well as environmental...

02-18-2020, 10:51 PM By laiqadm
            • I can't get over it!

My baby was stillborn. It's been two years now but still, I can't get over it. Also, I couldn't conceive after that. So, I am looking forward to adopting...

02-18-2020, 09:13 PM By Emily2020
            • Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
            • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
            • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
            Working...
            X