Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to Do?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What to Do?

Ok so I've been having some problems and I'm not getting any answers and no one is really doing anything else. I feel like something is really wrong. I'm 22 years old.

Ok so here is a list of my symptoms:

1. Pelvic pain for over a month
    2. Fatigue for over a week (I'm having trouble going to classes and when I do go I have trouble concentrating I'm so tired. It's hard to sit up for very long before I feel an extreme need to lay down.)
    3. Frequent urination for a week or longer ( I used to only go 3 times a day now I'm going like 8 or more)
    4. Sometimes it's hard to tell when I have to urinate I have press on my bladder to tell for sure and sometimes that doesn't even work so i end up going just to be safe based on how I was going before I started having this problem. This has been going on for 4 days.
    5. I'm having small bouts of nausea, it goes away as quickly as it came. It's everyday at least once. This has been happening for about 4 days.
    6. A loss of appetite, I barely want to eat anything and if I get hungry I better eat right then because my hunger leaves pretty quickly and it's hard to eat as much as I used too. This has been going on for about 5 days.
    7. I've been have some lightheadedness at least once a day for about 6 days. It doesn't last that long.
    8. Sometimes it kind of feels like there is something extra in my pelvic area. It's pretty vague and hard to tell though.

I've been to my regular doctor who has no clue what it could be. I've been to my gyno, but he didn't see me the nurse practitioner did she said she didn't feel anything but everything down there hurt. I've been to two hospitals neither of which was any help and only did a few basic blood tests and a urinalysis. I think they did test my kidneys though. All that was normal.

My family can tell I'm sick. They say I'm pale looking and that under my eyes are dark.

What should I do? Should I go to the other hospital in the area and demand they do something or go back to one of the other hospitals and demand they do something else? I'm getting scared and need an answer pretty soon I need to be sure it's not something fatal if left untreated.

What do I do? Please help. Any idea what could be going on.
    Last edited by Sanoko; 04-18-2012, 10:05 AM.

• Sanoko,

If I may ask, are you sexually active? (married..?) And if possible any more information that could help .....
    [COLOR=purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• I'm 22 years old. Not sexually active. Not married. No children. White and Black. Have a condition that cause lumps to form on the skin and can cause tumors on the skin and on nerves, pretty much anywhere in or on the body. I'm on birth control. If my home scale is right I weight 110. A week ago at the doctor I weighed 121.

Comment

• I am not in the medical field, just thought with more information others here at WH may be able to help.....Have there been any changes, medication, diet, excercise? That is quite a bit of weight loss in such a short amount of time, if the scale is correct.... And may have to do with light-headedness, and a few other abnormalities going on.
        You state that you went for tests, did they do an ultrasound, (for the bladder)? Also, what tests did you have done?

Comment

• No changes. I've done nothing that could cause that weight loss if the scale is correct. No they did not do an ultrasound. They did a micro of my urine, a complete blood count test. A CMP on blood, a amylase, and a lipase. They did an x-ray, but found nothing.

Comment

• Sanoko,

With what you have stated, If I were in your shoes... I would make a list. All symptoms, tests you have already done, and any other information. (I do this so
            I don't forget to mention something) and go to see the doctor again. With the weight loss, it should be a flag that something is not as it should be.... Like you stated earlier, "You feel like something is really wrong". And to me anyway, that is reason enough not to disregard.....

Comment

• Ok thank you.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X