Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacterial Infection

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Bacterial Infection

Let me start off by saying i have been with the same partner for 9 years. He is my only partner and this is the first time i ever experienced pain during intercourse.

I was having pain while intercourse, burning, and noticed I had a heavier discharge. I only experienced burning while sex. I went to the gyno and was told I had a bacterial infection. I was prescribed metronidazole vaginal gel 5 times at night right before I went to bed, as I did. And, also to take probiotics to build up my immune system which I have been doing. So, I started taking the medicine on April 13th and finished on April 17th. I haven’t had intercourse yet. But yesterday, April 21 I checked to see if it still burns (by finger) and it still burns and its like a warm burning feeling (sorry to be disgusting). So I was wondering should my infection be gone or should I still wait a few days to see if the burning stops? Im really worried that there may be something more. Thanks for your help.

• If it is BV then it could take more than one treatment. Do a search on the forum for Bacterial Vaginosis or BV and you''ll see lots of other women posting about this. It can be very frustrating, I don't blame you for being proactive about it.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X