Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absent Period After Laparoscopy?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Absent Period After Laparoscopy?

I will try to make this as short as possible, but bear with me... Lol.

After being diagnosed with Endometriosis via laparoscopy (CO2 laser) in Sept. 2011 (Stage I), I thought my prayers had been answered & I would be pain free for quite some time... But boy, was I wrong. It would only be the start of a grueling 6 months of fear and unanswered questions. Following my lap., my OB/GYN prescribed me Lo Loestrin to help manage my pain and prevent unplanned pregnancy... Yet I was still in the same amount of pain I was before my operation. After poking and poking at my OB/GYN, he finally decided to schedule me for a 2nd lap. on April 17th, 2012. The week before the surgery (2 weeks left in the pack, not counting placebo pills), I missed several pills. They just slipped my mind... I had a lot of preparation to do before the operation, so I discontinued the pack & figured I could just start a new pack when the time was right. My boyfriend and I had sex a few times, but he did not ejaculate inside of me (sorry for TMI). I wasn't concerned with pregnancy.

The day of my laparoscopy, the nurse performed a pregnancy test (which was BFN - suprise, suprise), confirming, in my mind, that there was nothing to be concerned with. My OB/GYN did indeed find more Endo, this time more severe than the last. He said he was confident he removed all visible adhesions & sent me on my way. I did have some blood loss this time around, which left me sick and with little energy, but I was able to recover in about a week's time. Although my doctor recommended my boyfriend and I not have sex for a full 2 weeks, we were frustrated and I ended up giving in at about 10 days. Still not on the Pill, but we did use a spermicidal gel for protection.

Around the time AF was due, I did get some cramps, headache, irritability, etc. like I expect with a normal period. However, the placebo pills on my pack came & went and I did not get a period. I called my doctor and asked if it was normal to have such a late period after a lap and she said yes, it is not uncommon. However, it has now been 2 full weeks since I was supposed to start my cycle and it has not made an appearance. I have been experiencing symptoms such as headache, nausea that comes in waves (especially after eating), diarrhea/constipation, fatigue, some light cramps, indigestion, irritability, etc. I am worried that I may be pregnant, but I am too nervous to take a HPT, so I made a doctor's appointment for a urine test. Maybe it sounds silly, but I would feel a lot more comfortable finding out there than at home (I am only 21, not married, working a minimum wage job, etc. ...Not prime condition for a baby).

I guess my question is, is it possible I may have been pregnant before my lap. but it was too early for a BFP? Could I have gotten pregnant from my boyfriend's sperm left in me before the procedure since I wasn't taking the Pill? Or maybe I ovulated late & got pregnant the first few times we had sex while using the spermicide before my period was due? I tried my best to research online and I couldn't really find anything that fit exactly what I'm going through... I know the only surefire way to know is to take a test, but any personal experiences or peace of mind would be greatly appreciated.
    "we should all start to live before we get too old. fear is stupid. so are regrets"
    marilyn monroe <3

• I forgot to add, I've been having an increase in discharge (watery, no color) the past few days... So much to the point where I have to run to the bathroom because I'm afraid I started my period, but there is no blood. I've also had this odd tugging sensation in my abdomen and pressure on my ovaries... Wouldn't it be too early to have symptoms like this? At the very MOST I would be 3 weeks pregnant.
    "we should all start to live before we get too old. fear is stupid. so are regrets"
    marilyn monroe <3

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X