Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bleeding between periods

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Bleeding between periods

I'm 37 years old and have always had normal, very short periods. The past couple months they've been heavier and longer, but nothing unusual or cause for concern. Last month I started spotting a bit between periods, and this week it's happening again. It seems like uterine lining maybe, and one or two small clots. Or else it's just traces of blood that's more brown than red. I had a LEEP about 7 years ago but every year have checked out fine; I'm due for an annual but have no insurance at this time, so unless there's real concern I'd rather put it off for a couple months. Does this sound like something serious or just something that may come with age/stress/hormone fluctuation? No way could I be pregnant.

• It is a normal occurrence to have spotting during periods. Unless the clots are very large, meaning quarter sized or larger, or there is an extreme amount of bleeding or pain there really is no concern.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• So happy to hear that. I google this type of thing and all I see is "cancer." Thank you for your reply.

Comment

• I had the same thing happened during my forties and had it checked out. At the time the doctor mentioned I was in perimenopause and was due to hormones. Its important to get any spotting between periods investigated asap, its probably nothing but maybe you would feel better having it looked at.
        sigpic

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X