Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post-pubescent hormonal change?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Post-pubescent hormonal change?

I wrote a huge post explaining the whole thing, hit the backspace button to edit a tag, and lost the whole thing. Ugh. Here's a basic rundown of what's up:

I'm 20 years old.
    No sex in six months/have had periods since/no real pregnancy symptoms/not pregnant (yay!)
    Random breast growth in the last month (Both breasts, C cup to D cup)
    Breasts feel tender and sore
    Self-check came up fine (no lumps, yay!)
    Using birth control for about 5 years or so because of ovarian cysts
    Last three months, my period comes a week early according to the birth control pack
    Have PMDD (taking Yazmin to help/it works)
    Last month, PMDD symptoms were so severe it had a horrible impact on general life
    This month, very very sick right before period. Had to leave work early.
    None of those pre-menstrual symptoms before last three months or so (except for before I started the pill)

I tried asking for help on Yahoo! Answers and the community basically said I should be glad for my new boobies. I haven't found any information on the internet about hormonal changes between puberty and menopause. I also can't find a symptom checker that includes some of these symptoms. Besides that, I really can't afford a visit to the doctor if it's not very serious. Hopefully, someone here has experienced this and can tell me what I need to do. Maybe changing pills or just waiting it out? I'm counting on you for advice!

• I can't say for sure as I've not been on bc as you have or have cyst issues but I'm now 32 & it seems once I hit my 20's my body changed a lot & once I hit my 30's it's been changing again! Just little things like yours nothing major. Period timing, length, pms/ovulation symptoms... Start making a journal of the changes over several months. If nothing else you'll be able to start seeing a pattern & be able to understand your body better & if you ever need to see the dr for anything you already have all of this info for ammo to help the dr out! GL!

Comment

• Thanks, Cosmicblu! That's a great suggestion.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Old member

your ex is not angry that you divorced him?
        Kiyomi might be angry that you left?

you have been raising her for a number of years...

Today, 11:34 AM By amy40
      • Reply to Painful nipples

Hi Peaches,

I have not experienced this myself but am hoping someone here might have and can chime in. Have you spoken with your OBGYN about...

Today, 10:08 AM By Ashlee T.
      • Reply to What is the best way to get rid of anxiety problems?

You can try visiting counsellor or taking anti-anxiety pills....

Today, 12:25 AM By TerenceBlacker
      • Painful nipples

I am a 32 year old woman with large breasts. When my nipples get cold they get extremely painful. The pain is unbearable. I was wondering if anyone else...

Yesterday, 11:00 AM By Peaches1
      • Reply to Old member

A post I agree with, atskitty2.

I do think - chaya - that if you have made up your mind, then go with it. Follow your heart. Only YOU can...

02-24-2020, 01:39 PM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Painful nipples

I am a 32 year old woman with large breasts. When my nipples get cold they get extremely painful. The pain is unbearable. I was wondering if anyone else...

Yesterday, 11:00 AM By Peaches1
      • Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
      • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
      • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
      • Dating married man and need advice

So I have been seeing someone for five months. During our third date, this man told me he was married, but was now divorcing. I believed him, however...

01-31-2020, 05:47 AM By MariaL
      Working...
      X