Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

embarassed

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• embarassed

This is really embarassing for me but I have to know if anyone else has experienced this. I'm 30 and I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I'm not morbidly obese or really big but a few months ago I realized that my weight was out of control and I had to do something. I began eating healthy, drinking water, I stopped smoking and drinking (which wasn't very often). I consulted my dr and began a prescription strength multivitamin (they smell so bad) twice a day. I also joined a gym and began running and taking step classes and strength training. As of today I'm happy to report that I've lost between 35-40 pounds. I look and feel so much better and this has really changed my life for the better. Except for one thing. Here comes the embarassing part. My husband told me yesterday that my scent (down there) has changed. We've been together for 10 years and we still have sex 3-5 times a week and he says that I've really never had a scent at all but since I started this diet it definently has an aroma now. He said it's NOT an odor it just smells like a vagina. I'm just wondering if it's the multivitamins or the change in my diet or how much I sweat now. I'm really embarrassed and I just want to correct this. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• It is most likely the Multi Vitamin.
    I used to get an Odor too only it wasn't down there, or I wasn't told it was down there. I could actually smell it through my skin, like from my armpits. These were Pre Natal Vitamins, the best vitamin you can get and prescription strength.

I had heard that those large solid Vitamins, took forever to dissolve, they dissolve slowly, layer by layer and that's how you get the build up of the " smell " of the ingredients. It's like peeling an onion, every layer you have the onion smell and it gets strong the smaller the layer .

So we did some Tests, we heard about.
    Took 1 Pre Natal and put it in a short clear glass and covered it with water.It took a good 4 days to dissolve completely and smelled stronger each day.
    Now our stomach acid is stronger than water, of course, so the next pill we put in Coca Cola ( Name Brand) Coke is closer to our stomach acid, It took almost 2 full days to dissolve in the Coke.

So while the one Pill is still dissolving in your stomach from one day, the next day you are adding a pill and it also will dissolve slowly. Building up the smell .

I tried taking my pre Natal with an 8 oz Coke, I used Sugar Free Coke and that seemed to help on the odor as it seemed like it dissolved quicker .Or...Try switching to a Gummy Vitamin or a Liquid Vitamin or even the Powdered Weight loss/ muscle building ones.
    Remember when you sweat, whats in your body (liquids ) can come out through the pores, so if you have an abundance of a certain thing, that odor can permeate. You can get the odor in your urine too and also vaginal fluids .

On a note, if you switch to a Liquid or Gummy Vitamin, you can supplement the Non Prescription Strength, by drinking Vitamin Water drinks. Costly but effective and gives you the Electrolytes needed.

Remember what goes in your Body must be used by the body.. Anything not used or not needed will come out,one way or another

You can also keep feminine wipes near and wipe yourself just before the Sex .. Until you get your Vitamin intake to a tolerable ( odor ) control .

Congrats on your Weight loss and Diet changes . And 10 years of sex 3 to 5 times a week .

Comment

• Thank you so much for the advice. I actually drink xxx vitamin water a lot. And you're exactly right about those unused vitamins finding a way out. My urine smells so strong of those vitamins. And I can even smell it in my sweat while I'm running sometimes. I think I'm gonna try some otc vitamins for a while and see if that eliminates the scent. My hubby assures me that it's nothing to be self conscious about but that's easy for him to say lol.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Old member

your ex is not angry that you divorced him?
        Kiyomi might be angry that you left?

you have been raising her for a number of years...

Today, 11:34 AM By amy40
      • Reply to Painful nipples

Hi Peaches,

I have not experienced this myself but am hoping someone here might have and can chime in. Have you spoken with your OBGYN about...

Today, 10:08 AM By Ashlee T.
      • Reply to What is the best way to get rid of anxiety problems?

You can try visiting counsellor or taking anti-anxiety pills....

Today, 12:25 AM By TerenceBlacker
      • Painful nipples

I am a 32 year old woman with large breasts. When my nipples get cold they get extremely painful. The pain is unbearable. I was wondering if anyone else...

Yesterday, 11:00 AM By Peaches1
      • Reply to Old member

A post I agree with, atskitty2.

I do think - chaya - that if you have made up your mind, then go with it. Follow your heart. Only YOU can...

02-24-2020, 01:39 PM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Painful nipples

I am a 32 year old woman with large breasts. When my nipples get cold they get extremely painful. The pain is unbearable. I was wondering if anyone else...

Yesterday, 11:00 AM By Peaches1
      • Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
      • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
      • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
      • Dating married man and need advice

So I have been seeing someone for five months. During our third date, this man told me he was married, but was now divorcing. I believed him, however...

01-31-2020, 05:47 AM By MariaL
      Working...
      X