Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help!!!! Could this be PCOS?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I need help!!!! Could this be PCOS?

So I am 18, start having a period when I was 13, two years were very regular. Then they just stopped! It has now been 3 years since my last one. The first Gynecologist i went brushed me off and said wow its just because you swim, put me on birth control and sent me on my way.. Decide to see another Gynecologist, this time he didn't do an exam or ultrasound.. and put me on Provera 10 mg for 10 days each month have now been on it for four months now.... and nothing. I have horrible acne, skin tags, trouble losing weight, patches of dark skin, excessive hair on my face (its blonde..but still), and very bad mood swings, and pelvic pain. From everything I have read, I think its Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). How do i go about talking to my doctor about this??? Help!!! any Info or stories are greatly appreciated!

• It does sound like PCOS is a possibility. I get so tired of gyn's brushing women off and giving them birth control to mask their symptoms. Ask those in your area for referrals to a GOOD ob/gyn and go see them...ask for test of your vitamin and hormone levels. Women with pcos don't always ovulate every month, and therefore they don't always have a period. However, you could have vitamin deficiencies....thyroid issues, or a number of other things. It's important that they test your various levels to see where you stand.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Top 5 Drinks Which Helps Lose Weight

Drinks containing ginger, carbonated water, apple cider vinegar, water, and protein shakes are top 5 drinks, which can help to lose weight....

02-21-2020, 03:50 AM By TerenceBlacker
    • Reply to Old member

If that's genuinely the lifestyle you want, then honestly, it's not that difficult to find those arrangements in the US. They are more and more common,...

02-20-2020, 08:03 AM By atskitty2
    • Reply to I can't get over it!

I'm very sorry for your loss. That's a devastating loss that, I can imagine, could really never be fully recovered from. Have you been seeing a grief...

02-20-2020, 07:52 AM By atskitty2
    • Reply to Old member

Kiyomi being not sure tells me that she is almost certain that she doesn't want to continue with the previous arrangement. It will be hard finding someone...

02-19-2020, 04:10 PM By jns
    • Reply to Old member

I've talked with my ex and Kiyomi, he wants to get back together, Kiyomi is not sure about it. I'm bisexual and doubt I could ever be happy without having...

02-19-2020, 11:16 AM By chaya

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• What do you mean by Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)?

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, commonly known as PCOS is a health condition that affects 10 million women in the world. Genetics, as well as environmental...

02-18-2020, 10:51 PM By laiqadm
    • I can't get over it!

My baby was stillborn. It's been two years now but still, I can't get over it. Also, I couldn't conceive after that. So, I am looking forward to adopting...

02-18-2020, 09:13 PM By Emily2020
    • Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
    • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
    • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
    Working...
    X