Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeast infection one week before period every month...help!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Yeast infection one week before period every month...help!!

Hi everyone, I am a healthy, fit 40 year old woman who has never had any sort of vaginal infection before. 8 months ago, I started getting a yeast infection one week before the start of my period, and ivebeen getting them every single month since. I cannot figure out why this is happening. I haven't changed any of my habits. I eat a low sugar diet, drink probiotic kefir, drink a lot of water, wear only cotton undies, nothing fragranced or scented in or near my vagina. I have never douched. My husband has been tested, and he does not have yeast. I've been swabbed by my OB/GYN three times, so I know it's definitely yeast. She usually gives me a script for diflucan and sends me on my way. Ivebeen to my regular doc and had her do blood tests to check me for diabetes, thyroid problems, you name it...all normal. I don't have any symptoms of systemic candida. I feel great except for this recurring yeast infection! Can anyone give me any insight? I'm desperate...
    Last edited by Kec1944; 08-26-2013, 04:48 PM.

• Changes in hormones around your period can cause infections. Hormones change throughout your life so what wasn't happening before may happen now. Another reason I am happily on hormonal birth control. Sorry I don't know if there's any prevention for it just reasons why it happens.

Comment

• Thanks for your reply, Kira. That must be the reason. I'm thinking there is no other reason out there why it would continue happening, month after month, in an otherwise healthy woman. Also thinking there is nothing else I can do to prevent it. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them as well. I feel alone and that no one can help me. Just have to learn how to deal, I guess.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X