Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pain during Intercourse

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Pain during Intercourse

Hello all,

First, let me start off by saying that I am currently in the market for a new gyno. The one I have at this time seems like she does not care very much about my current issue.

Secondly, let me tell you about my issue. A couple of months ago, I was having some slight pain on my right side that seemed, to me, to extend from my ovary. Well, lo and behold, there is a small cyst there. This struck me as odd because I have not really felt that pain before, and I'm sure, being 27, I have had ovarian cysts before. Time passes, and I end up getting an IUD (Skyla). This cyst, however, has not gone away, and it hurts when I have sex. It started as a sharp pain when sex begun (it would eventually taper off), but it has gradually spread across my entire pelvic area. Both my boyfriend and I have come away with a clean bill of health and neither of us have tested positive for any STD's or STI's.

Third, it has become a huge problem for me to orgasm which has become disconcerting for my boyfriend. He also gets upset because I will tell him to keep going, and I will push through the pain. I have also never been one who orgasms easily. He has a lot of experience (much more than I do), and we have tried many different positions. The only thing that has worked so far is the introduction of a vibrator on my clitoris. This, however, does not seem to work any more. I am guessing it is due to the pain I experience during sex these days.

When I told my OB/GYN that I am experiencing pain during sex, and I have gradually become more sensitive to it, she basically shrugged her shoulders. She did set up an appointment to have my cyst checked, but she hasn't really offered me much advise otherwise. I think that her take is that it's a cyst and they happen. My questions are:

Is pain during sex fairly normal?

Is it normal to feel pain from a cyst (and even as I sit here typing this, I do feel a slight dull pressure on the right side)?

Is it something I need to be very concerned about?

Could my pain just be because sex gets too intense sometimes? (the stimulation with the vibrator plus I like it a bit rough)

Like I said, I am already in the market for a second opinion, but I thought (ahhhh opinion #2 calling right now ) I would seek opinions from other women. This has been a bit stressful for me because I love sex. Especially since I have met this guy, and he has been the only one who has brought me to ecstasy. I do, now, have an appointment for a 2nd opinion, but I am still curious about your guys response. Thank you for any input!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X