Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bleeding Between Periods

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Bleeding Between Periods

OK, so this has been an ongoing issue for quite some time, and any advice is greatly appreciated. A couple years back I started having some bleeding between periods, every month. My doctor determined that this was due to my triphasic birth control pill, and switched me to another brand. This worked for a while, and then it started again. It has been consistent every month and getting more frequent (ie. more than once per month). Finally, a couple weeks ago I got fed up and said enough with the pill! I stopped taking it, but this morning I woke up to more bleeding. I'm really worried that the pill was not the cause, and that I've put off a serious problem for years! There is also a significant history of endometriosis in my family (my mother and cousin both have it), but my doctor had brushed that off after a normal ultrasound. So I guess I am wondering if anyone has experienced something similar, and also if I should wait this out (maybe it's a hormonal imbalance from coming off the pill), or seek a new doctor's opinion right away. I work at a health clinic, so medical advice is readily available, I'm just not sure I want this to be public knowledge at my office. Thanks so much everyone!

• So I figured I'd post an update in case anyone else is experiencing something like this. I bit the bullet and spoke with the doctor at my clinic yesterday. He basically said that from everything I've said, I do have endometriosis. It looks like going off the pill is only going to make it worse, and the reason I had a normal ultrasound before is because I was on the pill, and this makes endometriosis "go away." He suggested I wait it out for a cycle or two, just to see how it goes. It's possible that it may just take my hormones a while to balance out, but he's pretty sure I'm going to need to go back on the pill to treat this condition. It's just a matter of finding a pill that works for me. So fingers crossed that things don't get worse!

Comment

• Good luck! Sorry you got no replies - I had no meaningful input myself.
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X