Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies! I need help! TEENAGE ISSUE

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Ladies! I need help! TEENAGE ISSUE

Hi y'all, I have an issue I have never experienced before. I am sixteen and had sex two days ago. I had swelling yesterday which is said to be normal and I took an Advil and things seemed to me alright. Today, when I woke up all swelling was gone (yay!) but when I went to use the restroom and as I started to urinate i noticed my urine was all blood. I am pretty freaked out because I don't want to tell my mom and I need answers. I looked into it being a UTI but nothing stings or burns, theres just blood. I also recently took one of those pills that turn urine orange, but there is still blood.
    Further info about the intercourse, I am on birth control and there was no protection (not smart, trust me I certainly know), and it was my first time.
    Pretty Please share what you know, If I need to go to the doctor or what
    Thanks!!!

• Is it possible the blood was from your vagina and you noticed it when it mixed with urine? The bleeding could be a result of this being your first time(hymen breaking), especially since you experienced swelling and discomfort. If not, then you may have a kidney infection rather than an UTI. Often times, kidney infections won't cause burning/stinging when urinating. If the bleeding persists, you need to see a doctor.

Best Wishes,
    Euphoric

Comment

• I'd bet the blood is coming from the vagina instead of the urinary tract. Use a pad just in case and apply some ice down there if you can stand it to reduce swelling and shrink blood vessels.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X