Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is wrong with me!?!? I'm going insane. Please help!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What is wrong with me!?!? I'm going insane. Please help!!!

I've been dealing with constant itching on and off for months. I've been to see my gynecologist several times. I've been tested for STDs, and I've even had one of my cuts cultured for herpes but everything has come back negative. I've stopped using soap so intrusively down there and I've even went back to the sensitive skin, hypo-allergenic, dye and perfume free laundry detergent I used to use... So I have no idea what's going on and my gynecologist isn't helping at all. She doesn't even seem concerned by this, and it's a $50 co-pay every time I go. FRUSTRATION!!! ;___;

So basically, I've been having intense itching around the vaginal opening, anus and also a bit on the lips toward that region. I have gotten small fissuring (very thin-looking cuts. Potentially from scratching?) between the vaginal opening and anus, and they have reappeared several times. (This was cultured for herpes but came back negative). I was tested for a yeast infection as well, but nothing came up.

The itching is so intense, and so frequent that I'm going insane. I've even began to keep a long last month to keep track of it to make sure I'm not just exaggerating. The log is as follows (sorry for any oversharing):

2/12: "At night, I got itchy. I had to scratch so intense that it now hurts. Maybe I cut myself?"
    2/13: "5:30am. Itching seems gone, but it's still very sore to wipe when I use the bathroom. Some burning when urine touches the area."
    2/13: "(At night) Itching completely gone, burning as well.
    2/15: "Had sex. Experienced some itch/irritation. Didn't last."
    2/19: "Some mild itching. Was able to resist mostly."
    2/20: "Feels like I have that cut again." (I never did verify.)
    2/21: "Mild itchiness. Bigger issue: Pee feeling constantly. Feels like I have to go but not much comes out." (This lasted for a long while but is seemingly gone now)
    2/24: "Intense itching out of nowhere. Had to scratch roughly. Decided to shower to rinse down there. Used only water, but it stung REALLY BADLY. Feels sore but I cannot see any cuts. Itchiness is already seemingly gone.."
    3/4: "Extreme itchiness tonight. Added: A few hours later - the itching seems gone..."

And today, I'm experiencing itching! UGH. I think anyone could understand why I'm so frustrated with this. The itchiness comes and goes seemingly without warning. It doesn't last for any extended period of time, and I don't know what could be causing it! I've asked on forums before but no one can help me. This is ruining my sex life, I'm a young female and as you can see, I've only had sex with my boyfriend once in almost a month. I feel like crying because no one can help me, I'm constantly in discomfort, irritation and pain and it feels like I'll never figure out what's wrong.

For your reference, I am a 21 year old female. I'm 5'6'' and weight 130 pounds. I have a boyfriend who I have been exclusive with for over a year.

Please. I'm seriously begging for help. Some kind of hint as to what it could be.. anything.

• Can you see or feel any bumps or a rash?
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• When I look, I don't see any bumps. However, it looks very red and irritated (but it could be from my itching).

Comment

• Originally posted by ImJustMe View Post
        When I look, I don't see any bumps. However, it looks very red and irritated (but it could be from my itching).
        I get rashes every winter. Once, in my early twenties I got it on my privates. The only thing that gave me relief was some kind of natural ointment I was using. Hydrocortisone cream worked really well to, but had side effects - primarily fatigue. It can be unbearably itchy. In recent years I've used Shea butter with good effect. I still put it down there to keep it from getting dry.

My privates are different from yours, so you'd probably want to be careful what you put in and around that area.
        "Those sowing seed with tears
        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Ask your doctor to check you for Lichen Sclerosis. It is a fairly rare disease but when it hits it mainly hits menopausal women. It can affect men as well and it can affect even young children. Unfortunately there is no known cure, but it can be managed. It is a disease of the skin (not any type of STD) primarily in the vaginal and anal areas. It is characterized by skin that has a whiteish appearance, the skin will look thin and transparent and if it affects both areas will be in a figure 8 pattern in those two areas. It is thought to be an autoimmune disease much like lupus. There is research to suggest that if one sister in a family has lupus another sister can show up with LS.
          The treatment is to 1) don't scratch, it sets up a scratch/itch cycle, 2) don't use soap 3) get the doctor to prescribe an ointment called clobetasone. There is a LS web-site that is available for more information.
          That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
            Ask your doctor to check you for Lichen Sclerosis. It is a fairly rare disease but when it hits it mainly hits menopausal women. It can affect men as well and it can affect even young children. Unfortunately there is no known cure, but it can be managed. It is a disease of the skin (not any type of STD) primarily in the vaginal and anal areas. It is characterized by skin that has a whiteish appearance, the skin will look thin and transparent and if it affects both areas will be in a figure 8 pattern in those two areas. It is thought to be an autoimmune disease much like lupus. There is research to suggest that if one sister in a family has lupus another sister can show up with LS.
            The treatment is to 1) don't scratch, it sets up a scratch/itch cycle, 2) don't use soap 3) get the doctor to prescribe an ointment called clobetasone. There is a LS web-site that is available for more information.
            I don't know if this really fits what I have...I'm really young (21) and I don't think my skin down there has a whiteish appearance or anything. But I guess it can't hurt to get tested I suppose. I do have a crappy immune system.. However, the treatment...ah. I try not to scratch as best as I can. I no longer use soap except for on the mons pubis, and my gynecologist has prescribed for me Clobetasol. I'm not sure if that's similar or the same. However, I tend to use it when an itch flare is already happening and it doesn't help much. >__<;

Comment

• If it's irritated it would be red and/or it could be the beginning stages. The big problem may come if you break the skin, bruise and get blood blisters that are extremely painful. That plus the itching. Age really has nothing to do with it as girls as young as 2 and 3 can have this happen.
              Yes Clobetasol is the same as Clobetasone, just different brand name I suppose. It's a rich cortisone cream.
              I just mention this as a possible cause and something else to have "ruled out" by your doctor.

Comment

• Some additional information. Most of it seems like it's probably completely unrelated, but who knows....maybe there's a connection somehow:

- I've been eating a poor diet lately. A lot of frozen meals (Although they are organic, no preservative, vegetarian Amy's Meals but Im not sure how healthy they are in actuality) and fast food.
                - I am taking birth control. (IC Junel Fe 1.5, MG-30 MCG Tablet).
                - My mother had early signs of cervical cancer. She had the affected area burned or whatever it is they do though. (I have regular pap smears though and nothing has come up abnormal. I have also had the 3 series HPV shots).
                - When I was younger, I was prone to yeast and ear infections.
                - My knees have been in pain lately. In the past, they never bothered me at all. But now, they hurt walking up and down stairs and even feel immensely painful when waking up every once in awhile.
                - My wrists and knuckles have also been in pain more than usual.
                - Sometimes I get a sharp pain in my chest. It will hurt excruciatingly to breathe in. It can stop me in my tracks! The only way to fix it is to take a slow, deep breath.
                - I have frequent pain in my lower back on both sides. It feels like it may be an internal organ but I'm not sure. Though, it's been this way for as long as I can remember. Nothing too painful though, just once in awhile I'm like "Ow. Well that hurts.."

I don't know if any of this information will help but it's worth a try..
                Last edited by ImJustMe; 03-06-2014, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Ah, I see. That sounds unpleasant....e__e; I'll definitely speak to my doctor about it and make sure it's not that! Although even if it is, I suppose I'm still stuck in the same situation I am now since I'm already doing what is suggested to be done. But at least I'll know what it is, if it's that.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Comment

• One thing that may help with the itching no matter what the cause, go to a health store and ask for some pure EMU Oil. It works very well to soothe skin and to help with the itching. It can be used anywhere on the body so feel free to slather up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
                      One thing that may help with the itching no matter what the cause, go to a health store and ask for some pure EMU Oil. It works very well to soothe skin and to help with the itching. It can be used anywhere on the body so feel free to slather up.
                      Thank you for the suggestion!! I'll definitely look into that. Would it be best to use it preemptively or to use it as a flareup occurs?

Comment

• You can use it at any time.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Naked attention

Tv show naked attraction.

Will you judge my naked body?

Today, 06:58 PM By MrMr
                        • BC or perimenopausal

Hi All,

pls help educate me. My wife has some months ago had all the symptoms of either, some form of birth control...

Yesterday, 05:38 PM By StormySea
                        • Oral Sex leading to Sinus Issues

After my husband performs oral sex on me (female), he will almost always wake up with a stuffy nose the day after and feel as if a cold is coming on....

01-11-2020, 12:50 AM By Cb16
                        • Sent home from hospital with no answers. HELP

if anyone has shared the same experience as myself please please drop a comment, firstly I’ve had a dull pain in my lower right side for a week now,...

01-10-2020, 09:54 AM By Goggle1
                        • Encouraging twins to sleep

My sister has just delivered adorable twins. Can they sleep in the same crib or it is better to put them apart? I know that it can be hard to fit two...

01-09-2020, 08:20 AM By Hannah Bagrich
                        Working...
                        X