Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dryness and itching and hives, Oh my!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Dryness and itching and hives, Oh my!

So, the situation as it is now. I have some medium level dryness right at the opening of my vagina, that becomes less severe as it goes outward into the labia. There is some redness inside, and now hives around the outside. This started exactly 3 days ago as just a slight itch in the opening, that got progressively worse the following day after some friction from my clothing and a scratch or two (It also seemed to get worse after drying off from a hot soak in the bath.) It was not exceptionally painful, as much as it was dry. Didn't look terribly abnormal either, with the exception of the dryness which was kinda like the feeling of when your tongue gets completely dried out and you can feel every taste bud. It was also just specifically the opening, everything inside was fairly moist and the discharge was in small white clumps when found at all, with no odor. Not having so many supplies, I used avocado oil to keep moist on day 2 and then after some researching, yogurt on day 3. I've been taking tinctures of Dong Quai and Black Cohosh as I expect my period (tomorrow or the following day) which is something I've done without adverse effects before, also prior to the initial itch and during the first day I had taken some large doses of VitC, divided into small doses every few hours, as all my house mates are getting colds and what not.
    The hives just appeared in less than an hour ago, which was something of a surprise and the yogurt and oil were quite a relief and I was figuring I was on the mend. I soaked quickly in a baking soda bath and patted down with some Apple Cider Vinegar diluted in water, and the itching is gone leaving only this sad angry vagina and dryness remaining. (Oh and let us not forget the hives).
    I'm at a loss, as I've never had anything of this sort before and prior to the hives I had just figured it was Thrush? I also was quite dry right before my last period, but certainly not this severe.
    Thoughts, ideas, questions?

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Body hair removal

Nobody likes the unnecessary facial hair on their body, especially on arms and face. The terrible beauty salon visits and the sound of thread can give...

Today, 03:01 AM By holistichealing
  • How Important Is Your Skincare Routine To You?

Mine is very important.

I wash my face every night, like a religion. I also use face cream every night afterwards. I shower every morning:...

Yesterday, 04:01 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Reply to Sent home from hospital with no answers. HELP

I'd also be interested in an update.

How are you, Goggle1?

Yesterday, 03:57 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Reply to PTSD

Therapy does work: I know this, too. I also think looking into oneself in life works. Being open to change always helps heal the heart. Taking care of...

Yesterday, 03:55 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Reply to Do You Love Your Teeth?

I LOVE brushing my teeth twice a day, every day. I use an electric toothbrush at night and a manual toothbrush in the morning.

I have beautiful...

Yesterday, 03:51 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X