Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! need to wait a month for gyno appointment!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Help! need to wait a month for gyno appointment!!!

Im pretty sure i have what i believe is called a fungus candida. my itching is minor and no burning or pain from urination . this started about 4 days ago. i set up an appointment for the community health center but my appointment isnt for another month, i just dont have the income to afford something that can give me an immediate appointment. can someone please tell me what i can do to treat this in the mean time? please ? thanks everyone.

Jei
    Last edited by Jeidots; 02-07-2017, 03:18 PM.

• There are over the counter yeast infection treatments available in any local pharmacy or grocery store. Monistat and Rexall are two popular brands, but they also sell generic brands. There are inserts (suppositories) and creams. Generally, a yeast infection is internal and works its way out and so you have to treat it internally. But sometimes, it's purely external and a cream works.

If it's been going on for 4 days, I'm skeptical that it's a yeast infection. Usually, a yeast infection starts and then gets worse every day. Typically, within a couple days the itching and burning is almost unbearable.

Have you recently taken any antibiotics?
    Are you sexually active?

It could also be bacterial vaginosis.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• i have not taken any antibiotics, but i have been taking zinc, kelp and vitamin c everyday. i considered it could be bacterial vaginosis but mind mind you i have not been officially diagnosed and this is my first time experiencing this. new years was my first time being sexually active since september, in september we used condoms, new years we used condoms but obviously after a few drinks he didnt use a condom and it took a while to notice, last time i was sexually active was on my period(jan 25-feb 2) and we didnt use a condom, i took a plan b id say on the 2nd for peace of mind and the itching started the following day. ive read about many females experiencing itching after using plan b but also read that itching is not a common side effect from plan b and im currently experiencing bleeding from it.

Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
      There are over the counter yeast infection treatments available in any local pharmacy or grocery store. Monistat and Rexall are two popular brands, but they also sell generic brands. There are inserts (suppositories) and creams. Generally, a yeast infection is internal and works its way out and so you have to treat it internally. But sometimes, it's purely external and a cream works.

If it's been going on for 4 days, I'm skeptical that it's a yeast infection. Usually, a yeast infection starts and then gets worse every day. Typically, within a couple days the itching and burning is almost unbearable.

Have you recently taken any antibiotics?
      Are you sexually active?

It could also be bacterial vaginosis.

Comment

• I would recommend that you find out exactly what you're treating before you use anything OTC. Potentially it can be worsened by the wrong treatment. Did you ask to be put on the cancellation list? A month is a long time to live with that discomfort.

Comment

• no i did not, im currently looking for a job, been out of work since october. i might have a spot at a place and if i do and have new income coming in i'll try to see if i can get something soon, have to switch insurance too, so many places wont take my insurance provider, and this community health center is actually really good, just the first appoint takes a month but once you wait that one month all the follow ups are immeditae and they help with insurance and everything is very affordable. if im not successful at finding a job soon i'll just stick to the vitamins and do a raw fruit and water cleanse :/

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
          I would recommend that you find out exactly what you're treating before you use anything OTC. Potentially it can be worsened by the wrong treatment. Did you ask to be put on the cancellation list? A month is a long time to live with that discomfort.

Comment

• also, using certain tea bags as an insert is a GREAT help for discomfort relief. i use ginger, lemon probiotic teabags, they really do a great job making me feel better and the relief lasts a long time. tea bags are also a good remedy for getting rid of styes

Comment

• I have read that Plan B can definitely mess up your body chemistry/hormones for a month or so after taking it. I totally agree that your best option is seeing a doctor. Do you have any clinics for people with low income (or no insurance)?
              "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Vaginas and the female reproductive tract are sensitive to new & foreign bacteria that invades the body. Anything can cause the above mentioned symptoms (wet towels, tight jeans, tampons, condoms, tea bags, etc...Always stick to natural at home remedies until you can see a Doctor. Yogurt is Great! Rather you consume it orally or vaginally. There are many many Holistic approaches out there. Turmeric, Fenugeek, Cinnamon, etc...Drink plenty of water to help cleanse the bacteria. Keep in mind, our Vaginas are self cleansing & have WBCs to defend harmful bacteria. Use warm compresses to reduce swelling & ease comfort.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X