Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavily lactating but never pregnant, why!?!?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Heavily lactating but never pregnant, why!?!?

I'm a healthy 18yo female on 20mg of Prozac, 5'6, 124 pounds. My weight is about what is should be and hasn't fluctuated recently, I haven't made any significant life style changes that I can think of, and I've never noticed myself lactating before in my life. About a month ago my breasts started getting swollen and tender. I took a pregnancy test, which was negative, and talked to a nurse, who said that the swelling and pain was most likely just a hormonal fluke and not to worry too much. Today my period arrived about a week earlier than planned... and I also noticed that I am lactating in both my breasts. It's a surprisingly big amount, not as white as cow milk but not really clear. Other than being a week early, my period is the same as it always is on the first day, which is very heavy. I am going to see a doctor soon, but can anyone give me any ideas about what is going on? I'm pretty worried about this. I recorded a clip demonstrating just how extreme it is :/

Last edited by Ashlee T.; 02-28-2017, 08:35 AM. Reason: No outbound links.

• in an article "evaluation and treatment of galactorrhea" by pena

different causes are listed, 20% being from meds and Prozac is listed as one
    so if you go to a different Dr than one who prescribed med, make sure you tell Dr you are on it

welcome to wh

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X