Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP (Personal) FOR WOMEN ONLY PREFERABLY 60+

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• HELP (Personal) FOR WOMEN ONLY PREFERABLY 60+

Hello I am new here 61 female divorced and needed to ask a personal question that I feel too awkward to ask in person. Do many women over 60 completely shave their private areas? I have never done so. Over the years I have only kept a bikini line (sides only) and kept my hair there short but never removed my pubic hair from my labia or the area above. I recently was informed that it is better for women my age and older these days not to keep any pubic hair at all for associated hygiene issues. I am not sure what to do and I feel awkward about this topic. I do not personally know any woman my age or older who removes all of her hair there but then again it is a subject I have not discussed either for obvious privacy reasons. Please any help or advice from women only needed..women near my age a plus thank you!

• Welcome to our forum!

I think it's less an age issue really, but I'm 44. Not sure if we have any 60+ regular posters around here, so I'll share my opinion.
    I personally keep it fairly hair free. I go through phases, wanting it more hairy but manicured, and wanting it all off. I struggle with what I believe is better naturally and the experience that I have with how much better it feels to be hair free: Less odor, and it just feels cleaner for longer.

Try it hair free and see how you like it, and if you're comfortable with it. I think hygienically, you may notice a difference. If you have a partner in your life, do they have a preference?

Comment

• No I am divorced not with anyone. I think I understand what you wrote but not sure if you mean do you shave only your labia but keep hair above or so you shave your entire area?

Comment

• welcome to WH
        also haven't seen any posting from people over 60 but am a fairly new poster myself

never shaved there myself and I actually stopped shaving anything altogether since adding a child into our lives
        doesn't bother husband and I don't need to buy anymore of those little pink shavers
        it's really freeing (to be part of the Julia Roberts club)

Comment

• I wax it all or shave it all. sometimes I leave some up top...

Comment

• There is no medical reason for anyone of any age to shave their pubic hair. It is not a hygiene issue, nor a medical issue. Some individuals prefer to shave that area -- others don't. If you have never done it before why would you start now?
            That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• no need to deal,this will only cause vaginal injury

Comment

• vaginal injury? can you explain?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X