• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Coloscopy..a Few Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Coloscopy..a Few Questions

Hi everyone, I recently had a coloscopy done last Thursday, April 20th, and I've been trying to find some info out online but can't seem to find any complete answers to my questions, so I'm really hoping I can get some feedback on here.

I was told that I would have some discharge for around a week and to also not have sex for a week either, among other things. Well today makes one week and I'm still having discharge. It's not loose or gunky anymore, but when I wipe after using the restroom it's a very dark brown and sometimes even has a greenish color to it. I have also been wearing panty liners for a week now and they always have the discharge on them as well. There was the normal discharge after the coloscopy and then two-four days later I was bleeding a little. Or I guess the discharge was red? And then since then it's been the dark brown and I've also noticed from time to time what looks like coffee grains, which I was told about by my doctor. Anyway, I understand the discharge is normal but is it normal for up to a week? Because I just want it to end and it's starting to eat frustrating. It's no constant all day long, but it does happen everyday.

I will most likely be seeing my recent partner tomorrow night and would like to engage in sexual activities with him. I already had to turn him down last weekend and I've been really hoping tomorrow I will be ok so that we can be intimate. Although so far it's not glooming too good for me. Of course I don't want to sleep with him or have there be any oral going on if I'm still having discharge coming out. I know this is a long shot, but is there anything I can do to possibly stop it from happening, that way he and I can be together this weekend? Because next week I will be on my period so it won't be able to happen then either. And when will the discharge finally stop and everything go back to normal?

I apologize for this being so long. I just have so many questions and I'm not sure what to do next. This was my first time having a biopsy done in my cervix because it was recently found that I have HPV. Results came back as mild though so luckily no further procedure.

Welcome to WH! Any updates on this situation?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Working...
    X