Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ammonia Smell

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starseed View Post

Hi im having the same problem and was given BV antibiotics twice that haven't done anything i was wondering if you figured it out and if you can help me im goung crazy over here
    Hey Starseed. This is a pretty old thread so I don't know if the OP will pop back up to respond or not. I'm curious, in your situation, did your doctor give you flagyl (or whatever antibiotic he/she gave you) because you tested positive for BV? I'm asking because BV is usually associated with a pretty distinct fishy odor.

Could this just be a PH imbalance for you? Potentially something a pre and probiotic could help with?

Do you have other symptoms other than the smell? We did an article here on various causes of vaginal odor if you want to take a look: https://www.womens-health.com/bad-vaginal-odor-causes-remedies - If you look at our PH chart on this article, it gives me the thought that maybe your vaginal PH is much higher than it should be.

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashlee T. View Post

Hey Starseed. This is a pretty old thread so I don't know if the OP will pop back up to respond or not. I'm curious, in your situation, did your doctor give you flagyl (or whatever antibiotic he/she gave you) because you tested positive for BV? I'm asking because BV is usually associated with a pretty distinct fishy odor.

Could this just be a PH imbalance for you? Potentially something a pre and probiotic could help with?

Do you have other symptoms other than the smell? We did an article here on various causes of vaginal odor if you want to take a look: https://www.womens-health.com/bad-vaginal-odor-causes-remedies - If you look at our PH chart on this article, it gives me the thought that maybe your vaginal PH is much higher than it should be.
      Hi i had a smear test done and had home kids done for BV. The smear test i had done at the doctors were for STDS as well the thing is all cane back normal but the doctor prescribed me with antibiotics anyway, my actual discharge(white) doesnt smell bad but my underwear especially if in wearing a thong end up being soaking were (no unusual colour) but the smell is like ammonia (cat litter) i clean myself also use PH balance products for down there i end up wearing panty liners on my things and having to change them 2-3 time a day it’s ridiculous

Comment

• If you didn't actually test positive for BV, the antibiotics may have done more harm to your PH level than good. Your exterior PH levels are important, but your internal PH and flora is important, too.

Is this something that happens to you consistently, every day of the month, or does it come and go? If it comes and goes, on what days of your cycle (assuming the first day of your period is day 1 of your cycle) do you notice it the most?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashlee T. View Post
          If you didn't actually test positive for BV, the antibiotics may have done more harm to your PH level than good. Your exterior PH levels are important, but your internal PH and flora is important, too.

Is this something that happens to you consistently, every day of the month, or does it come and go? If it comes and goes, on what days of your cycle (assuming the first day of your period is day 1 of your cycle) do you notice it the most?
          No this happens every day It doesnt come and go

Comment

• If it were me, I'd get on a good prebiotic and probiotic for a solid 4-8 weeks and see if that helps.

Comment

• Yes definitely consume probiotics. Gut bacteria is so important. I make my own kumbucca and it's really easy

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
              • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
              • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
              • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

07-20-2019, 01:51 AM By driiols
              • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
              • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
              • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
              • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
                I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
              • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
              Working...
              X