Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible uterine polyp!? Please someone read

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Possible uterine polyp!? Please someone read

Ok so in August I had a Transvaginal ultrasound on CD (cycle day) 13. The result came back as "endometrial thickening possible 14 mm polyp, repeat cycle day 5-10, suggest Sonohysterogram (Saline ultrasound) if persistent". My doctor gave me results (that's how I know exactly what it said) and requisition for the Saline ultrasound because they are suggesting saline ultrasound (even though the results said "if persistent" ). I immediately started panicking a little, asked the doctor if it would hurt. He's like "naw it just a small tube inserted into your uterus to fill the uterus with saline and i doubt it is a polyp anyways, I seriously think it's ovulation related."
    So had Saline ultrasound booked. It was booked in too parts. First one was just repeat Transvaginal ultrasound. Then second one was the Saline ultrasound two days later. Well I panicked and cancelled. I figured I could get results of the second transvaginal ultrasound and see what my doctor says then because first one did say "if persistent" plus it was a "possible polyp". If he says it came back with same thing and he really does think now I should have the saline ultrasound then I will force myself to do it. I was just so terrified plus I got other things going on I couldn't deal and wanted relief of my anxiety. So thought about it and decided I could wait at least for now.

Has anyone had a possible polyp and just did the repeat ultrasound and was fine? Or do you think I made huge mistake and should have done the Saline ultrasound anyways?

Ughh I'm so anxious, I feel bad to cause my husband took the day off work yesterday to take me to the saline ultrasound and I chickened out.

• I'm confused: did you get the second transvaginal ultrasound?? Was it during CD 5-10? Was it the same as the first one?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Yes I just had my second transvaginal ultrasound on Wednesday. This coming Friday I'm going for the results and asking him if I really gave to do the saline one. I really do not want too if I don't have too.

Comment

• Oh and my ultrasound on Wednesday was done cycle day 8 so I hope it will come back fine. My lining should be thinner then the one that came back with possible polyp. Everyone got me scared, telling me that I should have done the saline ultrasound and never cancelled. I don't know what to think. The results did said "if persistent then do Saline ultrasound" so figured I could chicken out of the Saline one for now until the other ultrasound comes back.

Comment

• Anyone???

Comment

• I would wait for the results before making a decision.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Thanks, I guess I should try and relax and wait until Friday to get the results. Ugh I hope it comes back normal. I really do not want that Saline US I'm afraid to think positive cause last time I did that, I went in and my doctor told me I have a possible polyp. So I'm going to be on the fence from now on for things cause I can never think positive, it usually back fires on me it suck's

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X