Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

indentation / line on my labia?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• indentation / line on my labia?

hi.

my title is slightly graphic, and i apologize. i have a question though, about a line that's appeared on my right labia majora. it's lower, near my vaginal entrance, but on the labia. it's a curved indentation, that i have just noticed. i would have known if it was there before. it's a darker part of skin than anything else down there. i'm in no way sexually active, and have no idea what this could be. all i've done that could cause any "trauma" is shave, and for this to be a scar would have been a deep cut. when i press on it, there's a faint pain, but if i press hard enough on the other side of my labia, it's the same thing. any ideas?

• How old are you? It could be that your body is just changing. It doesn't sound terribly abnormal tho the pain is odd. How quickly did it appear?

Mention it to your doc next time you're in for a check-up.

Comment

• A person's skin isn't always smooth or evenly colored. As we age, more and more imperfections become noticeable. Like kitty said, mention it to your doctor, but don't worry about it in between as it is probably a normal variation.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
        How old are you? It could be that your body is just changing. It doesn't sound terribly abnormal tho the pain is odd. How quickly did it appear?

Mention it to your doc next time you're in for a check-up.
        that's probably it, aha. i should stop being so paranoid. i don't think the pain is bad enough to worry about it though, but i will keep an eye on it. thank you !!

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post
          A person's skin isn't always smooth or evenly colored. As we age, more and more imperfections become noticeable. Like kitty said, mention it to your doctor, but don't worry about it in between as it is probably a normal variation.
          thank you! it's really a self confidence issue, that's why i'm worried about it.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to AC7

Funnily enough, I bought peanut butter from the supermarket yesterday! I had a peanut butter sandwich this morning: delicious. I wouldn't attempt to make...

Today, 05:51 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to I dont trust Mother

I can understand your feelings about your brother: he should've known better than to take and squander your mother's money. Because - as you know - he...

Today, 05:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to So nervous about my first pap smear

I second Ashlee T's post.

It'll be over before you know it and will be painless. You could talk to the nurse doing the pap smear and tell...

Today, 05:40 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to What kind of music do you listen to?

I am definitely a pop princess when it comes to music! I love Kylie, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Pussycat Dolls. As you can tell,...

Today, 05:34 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to hello all

Welcome back, Olympia!

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X