• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweat problems causing bad odor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweat problems causing bad odor

I made a post about an embarassing odor down there before, at that time I thought it was my vagina that smelled. But lately I have come to the conclusion that the odor is sweat, and not bacteria. It seems that my sweat glands on the right side of my vulva are producing too much sweat. The odor of sweat even occurs right after I come out of the shower. Is this an issue that can be solved or reduced at least? I know sweating is very normal but in this amount I don't think it is. I sometimes wear skinny jeans, but there is no difference to when I wear normal, "breathable" clothing. My diet is normal. I drink enough water and consume sufficient vitamins and so on. Can anyone offer me some advice? Thanks!

I can't access your past posts on my mobile phone to know what's been covered already.

Have you see a doc?
    Sweat really isn't that smelly. It is actually bacteria that causes sweat to smell bad, fwiw.
    So, I think you're just meaning the source of the bacteria just may not be what you previously thought???

If you havent spoken to your doc about this, it's certainly time. If you're smelling it immedidately after a shower, that isn't likely to be just a sweat issue, as it would be washed away.

It could be your natural scent.

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
      I can't access your past posts on my mobile phone to know what's been covered already.

Have you see a doc?
      Sweat really isn't that smelly. It is actually bacteria that causes sweat to smell bad, fwiw.
      So, I think you're just meaning the source of the bacteria just may not be what you previously thought???

If you havent spoken to your doc about this, it's certainly time. If you're smelling it immedidately after a shower, that isn't likely to be just a sweat issue, as it would be washed away.

It could be your natural scent.
      I have seen my gynecologist, I had a test done for infections like bv and yeast etc. It came out perfectly fine. (that test was before I realized it wasn't my vagina tho) But those infections are inside the vagina right? I'm talking about the area next to the labia minora. The smell doesn't seem to be coming from the left side, only the right, so I imagine it can't really be a bacterial issue, as they would spread, if I'm not mistaken haha.

Comment

I'd probably go back in to the doc, or get a second opinion, now that you believe it's external. If you have any type of issue with the glands it's going to have to be treated after proper diagnosis anyway.
        Did they detect the same odor that you do?

Comment

Working...
        X