• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I see a doctor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I see a doctor?

Hello! My case is a bit strange and as much as I search on google I canít find a solid answer.

A bit of context: I have PCOS, Iím 25, I have an IUD (hormonal), and Iím travelling SE Asia and I have been travelling for 9 months now.

First I was having bleeding after sex, not a ton of blood but noticeable, and a bit of pain afterwards. It was very irregular since I had not had bleeding after sex (sometimes I would have pain, but I heard that happens because of PCOS). I went to a doctor in Thailand, she performed a PAP and said my cervix bled when she swabbed, indicating a cervical infection. She prescribed me doxycycline for 10 days which I completed.

I was emailed the lab results and I was negative for HPV and a couple STIís (chlamydia and gonorrhea).

I havent had bleeding after sex since then, but Iíve noticed strange discharge lately, thick and white/clumpy and it has also been yellowish and greenish. I looked this up as well and those can indicate other issues. However, I have no itching, discomfort or burning while I pee to tell me itís a yeast infection.

I think im due for my period soon (again, I have PCOS so my cycles are very irregular and I canít really predict when theyíre coming). So I wonder if this strange discharge is just from my cycle or if there is something else going on that I need to get tested for?

Any advice is appreciated! Trying to deal with this in a foreign country is stressful to say the least. But I feel fine otherwise, I just wish my body would work normally and put my mind at ease!

Thank you!

This would normally indicate an infection. One type is very hard to cure is called Bacterial Vaginosis. This must be treated however, as it can cause many symptoms and should you become pregnant and carry this bacteria then when your child is born it could affect the child. Usually however, there is an odor or smell that is not your normal odor. The medication she gave you may have just masked what is going on right now. See another doctor and get another opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargaze6 View Post
      I havent had bleeding after sex since then, but Iíve noticed strange discharge lately, thick and white/clumpy and it has also been yellowish and greenish. I looked this up as well and those can indicate other issues. However, I have no itching, discomfort or burning while I pee to tell me itís a yeast infection.
      You may have a yeast infection even though you ruled it out since not all symptoms are present every time. In fact, many who have thrush do not have observable symptoms. That is one thing you should have checked out. It may be present with another infection like the BV that Claret was talking about.

You are in Southeast Asia and have been there a while. This time of year is the hottest since it will progressively cool down as more and more rains occur, peaking in August and September. Therefore, when you go outside, you most likely sweat more than you would otherwise, creating the hot and humid conditions ideal for thrush. Have you modified your clothing so an to minimize the hot and humid situation? Typically this is done by wearing loose fitting cotton clothing and cotton undergarments.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Thank you for getting back so quickly!

Yes I wear loose pants/shorts with cotton underwear (one pair is a merino wool blend).

Do do you think if I use Canesten cream daily that will be enough to combat the discharge? I didnít see anything else online that made me worried if it were BV. Iím going to clean my underwear more often and maybe that will help.

If my discharge goes away things should, in theory, be all good then yes?

thanks again!

Comment

You might want to do research on gentian violet for yeast infections. There is a brand available in Thailand with a Thai label on it (search for gentian violet on eBay). It is very staining so care must be used in applying it and in what clothes to wear for the first few days after applying it.
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Working...
          X