• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endometriosis and low libido

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endometriosis and low libido

Hi ladies,
    I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with supplements or otherwise to assist with libido, and wanted to share what I've learned as well. I've had a string of health issues related to endometriosis, and general hormone imbalance with goes along with endo, and my libido has completely come to a halt. I'm in a happy relationship, love my husband, etc...and it's really frustrating because we're just in our late 30's. I heard there's a drug on the market now that can help but can have a lot of side effects and also that dopamine can help with libido..especially if it's been depleted from pain killers (maybe mine has with endo). I just ordered something called l-dopa that I'm going to try. Grateful for any other suggestions!

is it good for human being?

Comment

That's what I have read, but I haven't started taking it yet. I'll let you know when I get it and if it helps!

Comment

Hey. I know this problem from two of my friends. We talked a lot about this. Talking about endometriosis with your partner can be difficult, but there may also be relief when someone near you understands what you are experiencing and support you along the way. Involving your partner in medical meetings can be a good way to increase your understanding of your condition and the symptoms that you are experiencing.
        Let your partner know how they can help and support you when you are in pain
        It is important to try to maximize your partner to your experience of endometriosis, as this will help you feel more confident and reduce the likelihood that your partnership will be ruled out.
        When you experience chronic pain and the physical consequences of a disease, a woman's sexual desire (libido) usually suffers. Sometimes unwillingness to engage in sexual intimacy can occur on both sides, as partners may be wary of harming their partner or worrying that raising the issue will upset them.
        Instead of ignoring the problem, it is better for relationships and future sexual experiences to discuss the physiological and emotional changes that result from endometriosis, and the expectations that you are experiencing towards each other. Seek help from a psychologist or a relationship counselor, if necessary.
        To experience pain with sex not only affects the libido, but can also lead to difficulties in expressing sexuality as an individual and a couple. If you experience pain during sex, talk to your doctor or gynecologist about possible methods of treatment.
        Sexual desire varies depending on your health, stress level, mood and satisfaction of your relationship and what else is happening in your life. You may have a high level of sexual desire or a low level of desire; no level is right or wrong, because sexual desire is a very individual thing.

Comment

Hello lady. I agree with many of you.
          This issue is very important - after all, regular sex is one of the foundations of female and male reproductive health, as well as a pledge of a good family microclimate, which, understandably, is reflected in other aspects of life. Low libido, in my opinion, needs the same attention as any other health problem, because in this way the body tells us about the problems. Almost three quarters of cases of decreased libido are caused by a malfunction in hormonal dance, and not by the fact that the body has come to age. On the contrary, a high libido allows us to prolong youth - both physiological and psychological, and not to this we all today so strive for?
          Sex does not want to - and this is a huge problem across the country.
          The hormonal background is not something abstract about what it is necessary to start to care more close to a menopause. By the way, menopause today is also younger, women, pay attention to this fact and be ready.
          One of the most important factors affecting libido is stress. Not a short-term, immediate adrenaline rush, but a constant, habitual, background, leading first to an increase in the level of cortisol, and then to a sharp drop, which indicates the depletion of the adrenal glands. Here everything is simple: if there is stress - there is unlikely to be any sex at all.
          A blow to your libido may be the use of combined oral contraceptives, which often cause low testosterone. The imbalance of estrogens is also dangerous: lack of sexual desire together with pronounced permanent fatigue, by the way, is one of the symptoms of estrogen dominance, which eventually leads to such formidable diseases as infertility, endometriosis, and even breast, uterus, and ovarian cancer. And the dryness of the vagina can not say that your body does not want sex, because you and your husband have become almost relatives for so many years, and about the arrival of premenopausal, the first stage
          The first thing you should do to maintain the libido at the proper level is to live in accordance with circadian rhythms. It's very simple: I'm off at 10:30 pm, I get up at 7:00. Try a couple of weeks to live in this mode and see that the forces have increased. Try to minimize stress factors.
          Also, with great pleasure I recommend to you my favorite adaptogen. The first on the list is the Peruvian poppy, adaptogen, antioxidant, anti-aging, which gives energy, increases libido, harmonizes the endocrine system. It contains a lot of useful microelements and substances that stimulate blood flow in the genital organs, which enhances the potency of men and women's libido. Rhodiola rose also helps with chronic stress: it improves overall well-being and eliminates stress-related problems in the sexual sphere.
          It is worth paying attention to your diet, or rather, the presence of healthy fats in it: 2-3 times a week, eat fat marine fish of wild origin, every day - unrefined oils, raw nuts, avocado, coconut oil. And, finally, bring diversity, romance and freshness into the intimate life. How? This you decide together with the partner.

Comment

Working...
          X