• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Vote on the New WH Logo! We need YOUR help!

Everyone, we need YOUR help! Take a moment to cast your vote on the new WH logo! Vote Here!
See more
See less

************female participants needed please to contribute to valuable research************

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

************female participants needed please to contribute to valuable research************

Periods are so important. We DO tend to talk about them in general. But not so much about how much blood loss is "OK". Heavy menstrual bleeding is rather common amongst women, and is usually completely random, but sometimes it can be an indicator of more serious health conditions like fibroids and uterine cancer. This is why seeking help for heavy periods is so important. However, due to the taboo nature of periods in today's society, a lot of women who suffer do not seek help, and continue to deal with the loss, worrying and dealing with the problem all on their own. In a lot of cases, the bleeding is so severe that a woman will constantly fret about leaking through clothing, going to social events, and maintaining relationships. Therefore, we can consider heavy menstrual bleeding to impact everyday aspects such as psychological well-being and quality of life.

I am currently undertaking a Master's degree in Clinical and Abnormal Psychology. As part of my degree, myself and my research team are studying the important matter of menstrual bleeding and its potential effects on psychological well-being and quality of life.

Some of this data is to be collected via a survey. It looks quite daunting in length but should only take around 15 minutes to complete. I am looking for any females over the age of 18 and those having periods only to participate in this survey please. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the study those who are experiencing the menopause, pregnancy, or amenorrhea are unable to take part.

The survey link is as follows:
    removed outbound link

Also, at the end of the survey there is an opportunity to take part in a telephone interview on the same topic. This is completely optional but any interest and contact details given for this would be much appreciated.

All answers are completely anonymous and confidential. Those who fit the criteria, please consider taking part in this minor survey as it contributes to a wider pool of valuable research. Any shares on social media would be appreciated too if you are passionate about the subject and want to raise awareness, feel free to use my own words and just copy and paste this post. Thank you!
    Last edited by Claret; 07-03-2018, 11:49 AM. Reason: outbound links are not allowed.
Working...
X