• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stinging itchy skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stinging itchy skin

a few seconds ago
    • A little background, I have 2 daughters (9 & 3 years old) I took clomid and metformin to to have my first and Femara & D-Chiro-Inositol powder to get pregnant with my second. I had 2 C-sections. While pregnant with my first I had preeclampsia then after her birth I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (not hyper). Then with my second I had PUPPs starting at 6 months pregnant. The PUPPs went away almost immediately after her birth. I had my thyroid checked and all is well. 2 days ago I spent the day in the heat at an amusement park with sunscreen on all day (the same kind I always were just more of it) then yesterday was a slightly stressful day at work but didn't seem much more than normal. Tward the end of the work day yesterday I found my face and neck broke out with what looked like hundreds of mini pimples From forehead to shoulders to chest. Now I feel prickly and itchy all over reminds me of PUPPs. No other significant rash anywhere only a few little bumps that Itch. But what could it be? Pregnancy? Hormones? Stress? Something else?
    Last edited by jns; 07-04-2018, 09:55 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

That sounds like an allergic reaction.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Some factors to consider: Are you taking any meds that could increase sensitivity to the sun? Have you changed laundry products? Have you changed body wash/lotion or shampoo/conditioner, make up? Is your sunscreen for sensitive skin? Are you sensitive to certain fabrics or metals (jewelry)?

It could be any of these, a combination or none of them. You could have also developed an allergy to something that hasn't been a problem before.

You are worthy!

Comment

No meds at all, no change in laundry soaps or body/ hair washes. No new makeup I've used the same brand of sunscreen for as long as I can remember. As far as I know I do not have any allergies.

Comment

Working...
        X