Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird, large, centipede like blood clot or miscarriage??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Weird, large, centipede like blood clot or miscarriage??

During my shower, I began to cramp and bleed heavily which was odd because I’m towards the end of my period but I didn’t think much of it until I felt something huge just fall out of me. It basically looked like a large blood clot with two big parts, about the size of a quarter and nickel, and almost like a tail at the end with many strings coming out the sides similar to a centipede. In my shock I grabbed it because it almost looked like a tampon, but it felt totally different, kinda of like squishy skin. It was so dense when I dropped it it just sat in my shower and rinsed off with the tail floating behind it. It sat there for a long time while I freaked out and blood stopped coming off it but it was still red and held it’s shape. By the end of my shower, it finally went into the drain but got stuck and I had to take it out with toilet paper. I noticed the tail of it either broke off or just messed up in the drain, but the big blob part wasn’t dark red underneath like most blood clots, it was almost grey. I am having sex, but we use condoms and are incredibly careful. I had sex about a week before and then five weeks before that. I’m thinking it’s either a crazy blood clot or possibly a miscarriage, but nothing I see online looks like it, especially the centipede like tail....

I do have some pictures but im not sure if they are allowed on the site.

• Hey! It could easily be a clot, especially since it happened during your period but I highly recommend speaking with a medical professional about it. Even if it is a clot, it sounds quite large and should be discussed with an OB-GYN.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Fibroids and hemorrhaging

I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids about a year ago. For the last month I noticed a change in that my period didn't stop for a month and there was...

10-11-2019, 05:03 PM By danceintx
    • Reply to Prostate Massage

Was the receiver of one and boy was it amazing! So much so that I started to explore more about it and had discussions with my wife on mixing it up a...

10-11-2019, 12:20 PM By martygraham
    • Reply to Do You Volunteer?

Thank you for volunteering. Family and friends have been in hospice. It is important to have someone who cares nearby at the end....

10-10-2019, 08:52 AM By jns
    • Pressure cooker recipes

Do you use a pressure cooker? Share healthy recipes here!

10-10-2019, 07:25 AM By atskitty2
    • Reply to Menupause symptoms?

Muffin, has she discussed this with her gynecologist at her last annual exam?

Menopause can be a very difficult thing for some women, emotionally...

10-10-2019, 07:23 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Fibroids and hemorrhaging

I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids about a year ago. For the last month I noticed a change in that my period didn't stop for a month and there was...

10-11-2019, 05:03 PM By danceintx
    • Pressure cooker recipes

Do you use a pressure cooker? Share healthy recipes here!

10-10-2019, 07:25 AM By atskitty2
    • Can I Take Tramadol Medicine For Upper Back Pain ?

Hi, my name is Alina and my age is 59. I am facing upper back pain last from 1 year. My friend suggested me to take tramadol medicine for pain. my doctor...

10-08-2019, 11:19 PM By Alinamyseren
    • Jane Eyre

One of my favourites. Yours?

I do think the classics are that for a reason: books are in my blood and I always love picking up this book....

10-08-2019, 04:21 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Agree With Grammarly?

Do you use Grammarly? Or do you think it the cheat's way to good English?

Personally speaking, I think it IS a good idea. BUT not in an exam...

10-08-2019, 04:12 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    Working...
    X