Bad odor between labia

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad odor between labia

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Bad odor between labia

Hey everyone,
    I've been dealing with a strong, bad odor between the labia majora and labia minora. It's similar to sweat, but more sour and pungent. I am sure the smell isn't coming from the vagina itself, as I've gone to the doctor and had a swab taken. I've posted about this on here before and I followed up the advice. I went to the doctor a second time, but they could not diagnose me. She told me to buy sudocrem and smear it on there in the morning. It helps with the odor for the most part but as it's very white and stays on there for most of the day, it's quite visible. Another solution I found online was applying some greek yoghurt on there and letting it sit for 15 minutes. That gets rid of the odor entirely but isn't the most practical. Just washing it with water and a little bit of soap doesn't work either. I am so ashamed of the smell... does anyone have any ideas on what this might be? Or is anyone else dealing with this?

• Hey anne,

We recently published article on this very topic because, even though many women are too embarrassed to talk openly about it, it is very common. And there ARE reasons for it. The article addresses a lot of the common causes and what you can do about it. https://www.womens-health.com/bad-va...auses-remedies

Also, have you tried any sort of external yeast cream? You can buy those over the counter at most stores.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X