Weird lump on perineum

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird lump on perineum

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Weird lump on perineum

Hi all,

I wanted to ask about this weird thing that I have. I have a small lump just beneath the vulvar opening, on my perineum. It seems to always be there, most of the time I don't feel it, but sometimes it becomes more swollen and sensitive to touch. Then it is easily irritated and feels uncomfortable, e.g. it stings a little when my pad rubs against it or when I'm wiping with toilet paper. After a while, it subsides again.

Right now, it's irritated again. I have a suspicion that this is because right now we're experiencing a heat wave and I am sweating a lot, so perhaps there is a connection.

I've seen a couple of doctors about this, and hey didn't seem to make a big deal out of it, but they also didn't explain much. One doctor just shrugged and said she didn't know what it was, but speculated that it might even be endometriosis, because I seem to show some other symptoms of this disease, even though this diagnosis has never been confirmed.

By the way, this area has always been sensitive for me. I remember that even during puberty I often experienced itchiness and irritation down there.

Has anyone experienced this? Do you have any idea what it could be? Should I be worried?
    Thanks.

• Hey! I'm surprised they would think about relating what you've described to endometriosis, but if they suspect that can they not do something to confirm that diagnosis?

Aside from that, some people are just very sensitive there. I used to have an issue there that would come and go, and it was so painful and took forever to get better each time because of where it was (hello moisture and bacteria!!! :-\ )

I still do not know what caused mine. Or what I did (if anything) to make it better. It was, like yours, a mystery.

Is it a lump (like something hard under the skin) or a bump (like something more on the skins surface, like a heat bump/pimple/etc)?
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashlee T. View Post
      Hey! I'm surprised they would think about relating what you've described to endometriosis, but if they suspect that can they not do something to confirm that diagnosis?

Aside from that, some people are just very sensitive there. I used to have an issue there that would come and go, and it was so painful and took forever to get better each time because of where it was (hello moisture and bacteria!!! :-\ )

I still do not know what caused mine. Or what I did (if anything) to make it better. It was, like yours, a mystery.

Is it a lump (like something hard under the skin) or a bump (like something more on the skins surface, like a heat bump/pimple/etc)?
      Hi Ashlee! Thanks for the reply. Yes, it does seem to be more like a bump just beneath the skin. Visually, it looks like a pimple or a blister (but not transparent like a blister).

I had some trouble sleeping tonight because I experienced a stinging feeling every time I spread my legs a little more, as if some ants would keep biting me down there. Aside from that, I don't feel anything while standing upright or walking. I remember having such sensations in other areas, so I hope this will go away as well.

And yes, the endometriosis suggestion was a bit strange, kinda came out of nowhere. I tried doing some research on whether endometriosis can spread outside of the vulva, but I didn't seem to find evidence on that.

Comment

• Is it possible it's just your labia? They run right into the perineum and don't always abruptly end for everyone. This may be why your doctors didn't make anything of it, because it's nothing unusual in and of itself.
        "Those sowing seed with tears
        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Originally posted by Stillness View Post
          Is it possible it's just your labia? They run right into the perineum and don't always abruptly end for everyone. This may be why your doctors didn't make anything of it, because it's nothing unusual in and of itself.
          Well, the bump or pimple or whatever it is is clearly visible and quite distinctly separated from the labia. But then again, I don't really know much about anatomy and I don't really enjoy looking at my lady parts, so anything could be true...

Now I'm not even sure that it's the bump that is sensitive, it might be another area. Either way, the point is that I have a sensitive spot down there that gets worse from time to time. Shortly after I posted this topic, the stinging went away for a couple of weeks. However, now it's gotten worse again.

(TMI ahead) I have irritable bowel syndrome and therefore have to use the bathroom often. I noticed that the spot sometimes feels worse after wiping, so maybe it's the toilet paper that irritates that area? Is this possible?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X