Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constant Nipple Changes?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Constant Nipple Changes?

Growing up I never focused on my breasts, so I can’t quite place a timeline on when they began to change, or if they were always this way. But I’ve noticed for the past 2-3 years my nipples consistently change. They look normal during cold weather, and certain sensations, but other times they look far different than what I expect. I’m 19, so I’ve already gone through most of puberty, and I’ve tried to research it, but I’ve only gotten that, “Your body is just going through it’s natural changes.” However, I’ve looked up images of breasts to see if I can find similar situations, but can’t.
    I guess I’ll go in more detail, my nipples are pink and usually when it’s cold out and my nipples are hard they look as society might call ‘normal’. But more often then not when they’re not stimulated they go into this kind of relaxed state, which includes my nipple going flat, smoothed-over and then my areola becomes much larger and transparent (lighter in color and thinned out where veins become more visible beneath it), I hope this forum can help so I don’t have to spend money on an exam. I would just like to know if this is how they will always be, and I’ll have to get used to explaining to my partners my ever-changing nipple explanation, or if there is some diagnosis. I am far from pregnant and am not on any hormone-effecting medicine.

• Try searching for 8 different types of nipples.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• What you're describing sounds pretty typical to me. Breasts (nipples in particular) respond to stimuli, naturally. Some breasts are more sensitive than others. When aroused they tend to be harder, or when cold. They'll relax when you relax.

See your gynecologist for an exam anyway, just to be sure there's nothing more going on, and to learn more about self exams and your overall sexual health.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X