Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22 and menopause hormaonal level

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• 22 and menopause hormaonal level

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and thought I would try and find some ladies to talk to.
    A little about myself.

I am 22 ( 23 In Oct), I am married and have 2 children. ( Aged 4 and 18 months.) I have had hormonal problems since I first started puberty. In 2004 I became pregnant with my first child and put on about 30 Kg during the pregnancy. In 2006 I was diagnosed with PCOS and was told I would never conceive children again naturally. I was put on Metformin and told to exercise. At the end of 2007 I became pregnant naturally. After the birth of my second child I went to my Gyno to see how the PCOS was going.

After a few visits and tests ect my husband and I decided not to have anymore children. I think my body has been through enough. I went to my GP to go on birth control. I have now been on 3 Different birth controls and I am also on a hormonal tablet to help lower my bleeding. I have had 3 blood tests to look at my hormonal levels. At the moment my hormonal levels are at post menopausal level and estrogen dominance. The only thing I find weird is I was bleeding so heavily (apparently a sign of menopause.) and for my last two cycles have been very light and this cycle has only lasted for 5 days, normally they go for 8-14 days.

The symptoms I am having are - Hair Loss, polycystic ovaries, mood swings, PMS, low sex drive, water retention, bloating and unexplained weight gain and hot flushes.

I have to visit my doctor in a months time for more blood tests and it these pills are not doing anything as usual I have to change pills again.

Thank you for reading. Hope to hear from someone.
    Rebekah

• Hi, I am new here too. Sorry you are having such a bad time, you are so young to be experiencing all of this.

When your doctor took the hormone/blood tests were you taking the BCP? When I had to have my fsh test to see if I was even in menopause, I thought they'd just take it, and give me something to "fix" me. But the doctor said I needed to be off the BCP for 7 days or the test would not be accurate. It was horrible...like you I am having terrible hot flashes and even worse night sweats and I also feel achy all the time like the flu is coming on. After the 7 days of no BCP the lab did the blood test and my fsh level was 53.5 so she put me on Activella.

I am 47 and it is reasonable that I have menopause now, and that is okay with me as long as I know what it is and they can give me something. But your having these symptoms at only 22 should make your doctor take notice that something is out of balance and she/he should do more tests for you.

Good luck with your situation, I know it is pretty miserable. I have NO clue why women have to go through this when we think we'll be free of periods and let me say, I'd rather have a period anytime than be in menopause, it is so uncomfortable.

Comment

• Mocha2,

My main symptom is flulike aches all the time and almost most of the day. What are yours like? Are you still having periods?

Thanks

Serena

Comment

• Hi have a question what the Activella did to you

Comment

• am 39 no symptoms but the test show menopause my period stop 1 year ago, I dont have babies "YET" am using Melatonin every night I found a research about this and how some doctors reverse Menopause in woman without period for 2 years

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
          • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
          • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
          • Hello All

Hi everyone,
            I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
          • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
          Working...
          X