Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vertigo during menopause/peri-menopause

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• vertigo during menopause/peri-menopause

I am 40 and started peri-menopause when i was 38- just like my mom

now I have vertigo and I was stupid enough to ask this on Y!A because all i got was rude comments and people pushing drugs and telling me i am wrong that no such symptom comes with menopause/peri-menopause but my hub's ex-w has seizures with menopause-our bodies change so of course it could be a symptom

but was wondering who else has had vertigo during menopause

my periods stopped about 1 year ago- for a year they were irratic- they were either for a few days or 7 days heavy flow and then they stopped and got them 1-3 times for a year and now not at all- which I like LOL

i got hot flashes and huge chocolate cravings and vertigo- i am walking in a store and turn a corner and feel like i am on a rocking boat- my dr checked me over and said i was fine and said it could be a symptom of my menopause- because it came the same time i got hot flashes and the choc. cravings- it comes and goes

anyone experience this during menopause/peri-menopause

• Hi
    OH ya...vertigo is def one of the '35 symptoms of Menopuase' (an actual website...check it out)...i have had it off and on for a few years....i hate it...its very scary..but you learn to live with it...it does get better....honest P

Comment

• Yup, I just started having vertigo last Tuesday and couldn't figure out why. Started another strange period, only 24 days start to start and the vertigo disappeared just like that. Hope it stays gone. It was really hard to sleep cause my neck hurts if I use more pillows. I had it during the day sometimes too.

Comment

• Hi, I am new to this. Im 52 and been in menopause for year and half plus had vertigo for a year . I have floating sensations sometimes with the vertigo. Am going a little crazy. Does anyone have advice for me ?

Comment

• The best way to prevent vertigo is by keeping your body hydrated, the more fluids you drink the better. Try adding some fresh citrus fruit juice to your water a couple of times per day. This can be as simple as squeezing a lemon or lime in your water. Stay away from coffee and soda. You could also have your doctor check your ears and make sure nothing is hiding in the inner ear. Hope this helps, it worked for me.
          Before you talk about what you want ~ Be happy with what you have

Comment

• I thought I was going crazy too... I have all the symptoms of perimenopause but my doctor wants me to do the hormone tests first to confirm. I had vertigo 3 weeks ago and hot flashes but thought I had the flu... depression, anxiety and panic attacks so bad that I couldn't even drive. I totally feel like I can't function cause I can't sleep either...are all these things what you all are feeling too?

Comment

• Well I 55 years old and still have some hot flashes , but I use estrogen and progesterone cream at night. I drink my chardonnay and is highly sexual active 4 nights a week. I have no vaginal dryness. The reason u r having vertigo is because your progesterone is looking for estrogen. You got to get the estrogen cream and rub in your lower stomach area and 1 hour later rub your progesterone cream inside your thigh area. Sweet Jesus, this combo is like dope meaning calming and sweet dreams. Also, I might take a magnesium 250 mg for extra deep sleep.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X