• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No sex drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sex drive

Hello, I am new and dotn really know how to use this, have I actually posted a thread? I couldnt find how to do it, can read them, but how do you send em!!!!!!
    i have had no sex drive from my late 30's and im now 44. I am glad I have found this webbsite cos the doctor said I needed counselling and I am still no better, I think its physical/no desire urge! i dont like being like this, i feel depressed.

Yes you started a thread. Have you ever had a sex drive? If so... What changed around the time you lost it?
    "When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us."
    Helen Keller

Comment

Additionally, did your sex drive gradually disappear or suddenly? How strong was it when you considered it to be normal or high? How often was good?
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

I had a sex drive, a high one I think when I was younger in my 20's and 30's up until about 37. the urges feelings just slowed down and i just didnt get the urge anymore. I think it must have been gradual.

Comment

Vonny, if you had it in your 20's... and 30's... that's good.

So, you haven't stated if your in a relationship, or if you have not had sex for a few years, or what your situation is...

So maybe tell us this information in full so we can help you.

CW
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Did you get all that, I still dont know if i am clicking on wrong buttons!

Comment

I just wrote out loads where has it gone

Comment

If your account sits idle for longer than 20 minutes, you are automatically logged out. It's a good practice, that for the longer posts, you copy it before you post it, that way if you are timed out, you can log back in and paste your post without losing anything. Or type it in another program i.e. notepad, word, etc., then copy and paste it into the forum.

Try again, as I'm also curious to the answers to some of the questions that have been asked.
                Friendship Prayer
                May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
                Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

Hi i wrote out loads yesterday,but I must have clicked th e wrong button! I am married,4 years this year. When I was 35 i was in another relationship, I thought I wanted a baby, my partner was definately not happy,I was upset,unsure if i wanted a child,angry at his response,we split up. I met someone else,seemed really nice, then when I said I wanted a baby he went and got the snip and wouldnt talk to me. I was very very upset and felt like my last chance had been taken away! I was close to leaving and i had to ask myself did i wnat to be with my partner if we didnt have children and i felt i did. It has been a hard emotional time, i have had counselling. I do think i must get depressed, but the thing is i dont know half the time if i am. I am not on any tablets. i try and make the most of the situation. i do feelthat it is physical though that i do not have feelings of wanting sex or feel asoused at all. I am on holiday as from tomorrow, but will be greaful of any help sent to me when i return.thanks

Comment

Oh and i try to have sex and its usually only about once a month if that!!!!!

Comment

I met someone else,seemed really nice, then when I said I wanted a baby he went and got the snip and wouldnt talk to me. I was very very upset and felt like my last chance had been taken away! I was close to leaving and i had to ask myself did i wnat to be with my partner if we didnt have children and i felt i did. It has been a hard emotional time, i have had counselling. I do think i must get depressed,
                      Hey sweet, if he got the snip, then there are no children in the future. So what is in your heart? This man whom got the snip the moment you mentioned children that your with when you want children? Or, someone else that will love you and will want to have a child with you? 44 is okay but the longer you leave it.

Seems this man Vonny is comfortable in the life he has with you.

Seems you want a child...

Seems he doesn't, not even a foster or adoption, he doesn't want children.

If you want children,and he is not interested in adoption or even fostering, then you have to make a management decision and keep searching...

What is in your heart of hearts?

CW
                      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Vonny, it seems your sex drive went when you were rejected in your quest to have a baby. As CW said, at 44 you can still have a child. Is your husband still against it? He could have changed his mind. You never said what he stated as a reason for getting snipped. You may have to use donated sperm, or he could have the snip reversed in certain cases. You could carry a donated egg if necessary. I think it is possible that your sex drive will return to some degree if you no longer feel rejected and have a way to fulfill your desire to have a baby.
                        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

No sex drive

Hi I posted my thread sometime ago, then i went on holiday. I havn't had any answers or help,or advice. I just was asked more questions. I have only been married 5 years, I am 44 and my husband is 50. i just don't have a sex drive any more and the feelings are not as intense. Please help!

Comment

I merged your post with your other thread.

Unfortunately we are not going to have the answers for you. We can offer our opinions and advice, which is what was done.

You were asked more questions because people wanted more information.

Sometimes lack of sex drive just needs some real soul searching. You have to find out where it went and why. Have you had your hormone levels checked?
                            Friendship Prayer
                            May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
                            Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

Definately follow Lana's advice. She's written some great comments on this subject.

First and foremost if you want it back then you'll do everything you can to do so, not only for partner, but more importantly for yourself. I live with someone who believes that her sex drive will just magically reappear and until that time, tough s... and deal with it.
                              There will always be boundries, but making love is so different, than having sex, let's face it. CW

Comment

Working...
                              X