Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hormone Replacement Therapy

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Hormone Replacement Therapy

Can anyone provide me with information on their experience using hormone replacement therapy? I am considering it, despite its risks, and want to know what doseage anyone might have been on, whether their symptoms improved, how long they were on HRT, etc. etc. I am just looking for feedback from anyone.
    Also, if anyone has tried alternative therapies that have worked, I 'd love to hear about that as well.

Thanks!

• I would consult a doctor about anything of this nature.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Not sure what your symptoms are that you are considering supplementiona, however I recommend only using natural hormone supplementation. I personally use natural progesterone all month long and I feel awesome! I don't think it is ever necessary to use estrogen supplementation as we come in contact with a ton of the fake estrogen in our environment. Excess estrogen causes horrible problems so I would personally steer far away from that - even if a doc recommends it. There are a lot of symptoms that will diminish with natural progesterone such as headaches, hot flashes, loss of libido, cramps, edema.....I can go and on. I would start with a saliva test to see where you are at...
      "The way of peace is the way of love. Love is the greatest power on earth. It conquers all things." Peace Pilgrim

Comment

• Hi teaching gal, I am also interested in bioidentical hormone treatments, has anyone tried it. I have read about the progesterone creams and it all sounds good, but I would like to see if anyone else has tried before I buy the cream online. Thank you.

Comment

• I do use the biodentical hormones ....but I did have a blood test to confirm that I was actually deficient. I get the creams from a compounding pharmacy. I have never ordered any online. They work well for me.

Comment

• Thank you for your feedback Dream. I suppose a test is the next step, I am anxious to get some relief from the constant headaches and feeling lethargic. Do you use estrogen and progesterone?

Comment

• Hormone pellet therapy

Originally posted by godessnomore View Post
              Thank you for your feedback Dream. I suppose a test is the next step, I am anxious to get some relief from the constant headaches and feeling lethargic. Do you use estrogen and progesterone?
              I recently had a bunch of bloodwork done and I will be going in the new year to try hormone pellet therapy. She wants to try testosterone because she says my levels are way off?! Still unsure about that-but she is going to do estrogen to try and quell the migraines that are happening waaaayyyy to often. I will report back once I get them!

She says low testosterone is often the cause of the lethargic feeling. If anyone out there has had testosterone I would love some advice!

Have a blessed day....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X