Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peri or full-fledged menopause?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Peri or full-fledged menopause?

Hi, I'm new to the forums here but came in search of it for good reason!

I'm 42 and over the past couple of years, I've noticed changes, but the last 2 months have been really weird to say the least. The last time I had my cycle was the beginning of October and it was 2 days and excrutiating to say the least. Now, I'm more than 2 weeks late with no sign of that visitor, but I am experiencing bad symptoms: I can't seem to sleep through the night...waking up with sweats, then freezing, I've had chills (feeling feverish) earlier in the week...constant headaches...dizzy...indigestion and belching unbelievably bad...forgetfulness has gotten worse...and concentration is BAD (not good when going to college). The waking up every hour or more (so it seems) is really taking its toll on me, not to mention my DH who has to work 9 hour days at the shipyard Is this pre, peri, or full-fledged menopause I have come upon? I have started taking Estroven, been on it since this past weekend and feel a little better, but the sleep problem is getting to me and causing problems in the marriage
    For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others;
    For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness;
    And for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
    ~ Audrey Hepburn~

• Hi Emerald girl,

I too have went through this mine was surgery induced however...and it sounds like you're in the peri menopausal stage....full blown menopause is when your cycles have completely stopped for 1 year or more...I myself am having crazy hot flashes 24/7 now after going through peri-menopause stage with minimum hot flashes for 2 years...I've been in full menopause for about 2 years now...Total of 4 years...I would definitely see your Doctor to have a blood test to find out if menopause is starting for you...That was how mine was offically diagnosed, even though I pretty much knew it already...Good luck to you in the upcoming future

Comment

• I haven't had my period since July of 2009. I've been stubborn about getting myself checked this year by a OBGYN. But I started having those same symptoms 3 weeks ago and didn't know what was going on. I thought I had the flu at first, but no fever. I've been crying and depressed and full blown anxiety where I went to the ER twice and Urgent care once and they were giving me EKG's, muscle relaxants and anxiety shots. I didn't think about menopause until I went to my primary care physician the other day and the nurse asked me if I had a heart problem. I said no, and she said I had heart palpitations. Then she asked me about my period and some other symptoms I was having. She smiled at me and said she thinks I was going through menopause but I needed to talk to my doctor. So that's where I'm at... the hormone tests have been ordered and I am waiting for confirmation. In the meantime.... what do I do? can anyone help me. I feel like I can't even function. I've been at home from work for over 3 weeks cause I feel like I'm afraid to drive. Should I just take the anxiety pills and see what happens. help!!!

Comment

• Diet, diet, diet.
        It's very important to eat right. Cut back on sugars, refined flours, processed foods. Get any dairy or beef that could have BGH in it out of your life.
        Exersize.
        Start yoga or some meditation if you don't already. You need to do some stress reduction and mangement.
        Thyroid can get out of wack at this time and be responsible for a lot of your woes, if you have insurance you should have that checked.

I'm 53, had a D&C and ablation due to non stop bleeding two years ago. My doctor who is about my age and has been dealing with all the change too, says that a lot of it is stress more than anything else. Think about what is going on at this time in your life. Kids are growing or gone, you are making changes, an SO may be a bit "mid life-ish" , people around you and maybe you, are financially stressed. There is a lot of stuff on or around your plate. I've noticed that when my sugar intake goes up, so do the weirdneses and when I'm happy I don't really get hot flushes but when I'm down or stressed they really go to town.

Orgasms help too. So work on more of those. Get your SO to help one way or another if possible - men often like to be helpful and do things they can be appreciated for, so give him an opportunity. If you have to get him a book on oral or something different. LOL.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

I like a light scent, nothing over powering and usually a natural smell, like a floral. I do have a bottle of a Calvin Klein fragrance, I think it is....

Today, 06:36 PM By atskitty2
        • Reply to Eyebrows!

I groom my brows. I pluck to maintain a nice, clean shape, then fill in some thinning areas with a powder or pencil. That's about it. Color matching is...

Today, 06:33 PM By atskitty2
        • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Who is to say that your mother/sisters/grandmother and whoever else suffers from migraines don't ALSO have food allergies or food intolerances? Those...

Today, 09:56 AM By Ashlee T.
        • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Thanks Ashlee! It's funny you mention that because I actually have SIBO and have been trying to address food issues to see what might be the culprit....

Today, 08:22 AM By lp84
        • Reply to Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

Hi jehand. I have removed the link in your post. Outbound linking is not permitted here.

Have you been checked for uterine fibroids? My...

Today, 08:00 AM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

Mine is Clinique Happy.

Over to you!

Today, 05:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Eyebrows!

What's YOUR style? Bold and full? Thin and groomed? I keep mine the latter. Still, full brows look fabulous on many women and I love the eyebrow makeup/grooming...

Today, 05:47 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Yesterday, 09:59 AM By lp84
        • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Yesterday, 05:40 AM By jehand
        • Do You Love Ireland?

I fell in love with Ireland years and years ago. It is a magical place and I have such nostalgia when I think of my times there.

If you ever...

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X