Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perimenopause Question

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Perimenopause Question

I will soon be 51, and am in the midst of peri-menopause. I started my period at age 11, and have NEVER had midcycle spotting, or spotting after intercourse; until now that is. Is this "NORMAL"?

Sue

• I had a bit of that and then developed full out bleeding, pretty much non stop. In my case, my endometrial lining wasn't shedding fully durning my period. My gyn actually diagnosed this as stress related. You might put your mind at ease as call the Dr office ?

Comment

Thanks WildChild, I just may do that.

Sue

Comment

• 'NORMAL', not likely except all fears are settled. Mid cycle bleeding may occur during perimenopause becuase of the irregularities occuring but an added spotting after intercourse should raise your eyebrows. In such cases, the medical principle is to 'rule out' what is serious( especially cervical cancer) before attributing it to anything else. That does not mean you have cancer but it means you should make sure it is checked and the report says 'no cancer'.

That means booking a visit with your Dr as soon as possible to report these complaints for thorough clinical evaluation and appropriate testing is the best next step to take.

Comment

• If the endrometrial lining isn't shedding completely during menstration, you can get bleeding with sexual activity. But it is best just put your mind at ease by getting checked.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

I like a light scent, nothing over powering and usually a natural smell, like a floral. I do have a bottle of a Calvin Klein fragrance, I think it is....

Today, 06:36 PM By atskitty2
          • Reply to Eyebrows!

I groom my brows. I pluck to maintain a nice, clean shape, then fill in some thinning areas with a powder or pencil. That's about it. Color matching is...

Today, 06:33 PM By atskitty2
          • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Who is to say that your mother/sisters/grandmother and whoever else suffers from migraines don't ALSO have food allergies or food intolerances? Those...

Today, 09:56 AM By Ashlee T.
          • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Thanks Ashlee! It's funny you mention that because I actually have SIBO and have been trying to address food issues to see what might be the culprit....

Today, 08:22 AM By lp84
          • Reply to Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

Hi jehand. I have removed the link in your post. Outbound linking is not permitted here.

Have you been checked for uterine fibroids? My...

Today, 08:00 AM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

Mine is Clinique Happy.

Over to you!

Today, 05:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Eyebrows!

What's YOUR style? Bold and full? Thin and groomed? I keep mine the latter. Still, full brows look fabulous on many women and I love the eyebrow makeup/grooming...

Today, 05:47 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Yesterday, 09:59 AM By lp84
          • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Yesterday, 05:40 AM By jehand
          • Do You Love Ireland?

I fell in love with Ireland years and years ago. It is a magical place and I have such nostalgia when I think of my times there.

If you ever...

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X