Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helpless!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Helpless!!

I'm 43 y/o and had a hystorectomy(one ovary left) about 10 years ago due to cervical cancer. I got thrown into menopause fairly soon after my surgery and have been batteling menopause for the last almost 5-7 years now with no signs of relieve =( I don't take HRT since i'm worried that it might cause me to have cancer again and therefore resort to herbal remedies for all the symptoms menopause brought me. I'm always tired and have no energy but the last 9 month have been pure !!! I had went on a diet (hcg) to lose some of this accumulated extra weight and even thou the weight loss was somewhat slow i still lost almost 30 lbs and felt great. Immediatley after the diet was over i noticed my stomache being very sensitive to alot of things (wheat, dairy..) that i had been able to eat before but i figured thats just my bodies way of readjusting. I have been eating very healthy and avoid sugar and starches like its the plague but even with all my restrictions and healthy ways of eating i still keep gaining weight which really frustrates me cause i've given up soo many things just to keep my weight down but nothing works =( i have horrible hot flashes and the night sweats are driving me slowly insane!!! I have tried just about any remedy and herb there is but nothing seems to help.....it's helpless!!! Its come to the point were i yet again don't want to go on the scale cause i'm afraid i just about regained all the weight i lost on the diet which of course breeds even more anxieties in me. Would love to hear from other that went though something similar and found help.

• Get a copy of The Wisdom of Menopause. I think you will find that Dr Northrup addresses many of your areas of concern.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
    • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    Working...
    X