Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a Newbie...Hi and any advice. Hate this.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• a Newbie...Hi and any advice. Hate this.

Hello All.
    First time first post. I want to say hello to everyone. Happy New Year! Wow what a new year it has been for me that last couple of years. I had no idea what was going to hit me. Let me say first and foremost my empathy to everyone and their hormones. I had no idea what it was going to be like. I had a ridiculous bleeding for months on end. Nothing worked. Considering I had other health issues it needed to stop. My doctor suggested a hysterectomy and I didn't want to go that drastic. So I got another opinion. Long story short I ended up with Fibroid embolization. I was not aware it could throw me into menopause by also cutting off the blood supply to my ovaries too. Bleeding came back after a few months anyway and I had to have the hystectomy anyhow. After a while I became another person, I thought I was sick. I was waking up sweating to death. Crying all the time nauseated headaches an emotional wreck. I grew up in a home that taught me NEVER to complain to I just put up with this for about 2 years. I finally figured out between reading and the internet what was going on with me. I demanded for my doctor to take some blood work. His answer, "No, you are too young to be in menopause". Next! After finally having confirmation that I was in full blown menopause I was put on FemHRT. I have to say my night sweats are much better. Nothing else though. Anyone have any ideas? Recently my family physician said I would do much better with progesterone and testeterone. I am scared to add the test. part. Please I have no friends that are in menopause...a old fashion greek family that believes you never talk about such things (you know oh how I suffered in the old county so you put up with this). I need some input here. This would be bioidentical hormones in a compound cream. I haven't started yet. I just am an emotional wreck, among other things. My eyes went completely dry on me. I am even getting corneal ulcers now. I never knew how much hormones control so much for us. Geesh. I remember one time saying when I was bleeding so much, "I welcome menopause". Yep, I eat those words now. With a big big spoon, ladies.
    Thanks so much for listening.
    Leeza.

• Hi Leeza =)

I'm also a newbie here and only posted once so far (helpless). I know only too well what your going through since i'm stuck on the same rollercoaster for the last 5-6 years already with no end in sight **sigh**. I had a hysterectomy about 10 years ago due to cervical cancer, I was thrown into menopause fairly soon after the operation and didn't know at first what was going on until i couldn't take it anymore and went to see my doctor who told me that i was dead smack in the middle of menopause........to tell you the truth, i was relieved to hear him say that cause i was beginning to think i'm going crazy...lol...its been quiet the challenge since then. My entire body seems to have turned against me since i developed food issues, skin issues, brain fogs.....well i'm sure you know what i'm getting at not to mention even with all the healthy eating and restrictions i put on myself i still have a hard time to keep my weight where i want it.
    As for the HRT or Creams, i haven't used any of it since i'm too afraid of developing cancer again but i have heard very good things about those bioidentical hormones and have actually considered trying them since the last several month have been very extreme night sweats and hot flashes. I also take remifemin which is a black cohosh product and normally works very well for me but we moved and during the moving process i got a little sloppy taking my pills so now i'm paying the price =( i hope you can find relieve soon, sorry i can't be of more help but i thought i at least let you know that your not alone in this.

Comment

• Hello Ladies, I can only imagine what it is like to be artifically thrown abruptly into menopause. I really encourage you to read Christiane Northrup's, The Wisdom of Menopause. I think you will find a lot of good information and encouragement there. The more you can understand what is happening, I think think the easier it is to cope and to find ways to be more comfortable.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

I like a light scent, nothing over powering and usually a natural smell, like a floral. I do have a bottle of a Calvin Klein fragrance, I think it is....

Today, 06:36 PM By atskitty2
      • Reply to Eyebrows!

I groom my brows. I pluck to maintain a nice, clean shape, then fill in some thinning areas with a powder or pencil. That's about it. Color matching is...

Today, 06:33 PM By atskitty2
      • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Who is to say that your mother/sisters/grandmother and whoever else suffers from migraines don't ALSO have food allergies or food intolerances? Those...

Today, 09:56 AM By Ashlee T.
      • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Thanks Ashlee! It's funny you mention that because I actually have SIBO and have been trying to address food issues to see what might be the culprit....

Today, 08:22 AM By lp84
      • Reply to Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

Hi jehand. I have removed the link in your post. Outbound linking is not permitted here.

Have you been checked for uterine fibroids? My...

Today, 08:00 AM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

Mine is Clinique Happy.

Over to you!

Today, 05:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Eyebrows!

What's YOUR style? Bold and full? Thin and groomed? I keep mine the latter. Still, full brows look fabulous on many women and I love the eyebrow makeup/grooming...

Today, 05:47 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Yesterday, 09:59 AM By lp84
      • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Yesterday, 05:40 AM By jehand
      • Do You Love Ireland?

I fell in love with Ireland years and years ago. It is a magical place and I have such nostalgia when I think of my times there.

If you ever...

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      Working...
      X