Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermittent discharge - so scared

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Intermittent discharge - so scared

Hi I'm 68 and have been getting a slight browny/red discharge every couple of weeks for about 2 months. A year ago I had a hysteroscopy and an MRI for bleeding but nothing was found except for a fibroid which I've had for 20 years. The bleeding was just due to dryness and a too-vigarous wash down below!! The hysteroscopy hurt me so much. I was in agony. Now I'm getting this discharge I've convinces myself it's cancer and I'm not sleeping. Just terrified all day every day. I've had 2 swabs taken at my doctor's and they came back negative. So there's no infection. But it could be cancer couldn't it? I know you'll say to go back to my gp and I will have to. But I'm dreading that hysteroscopy again. Has anyone else on here had such a discharge many years after the menapause? I am TERRIFIED. Please write to me if yu can help me. Thank you x

• Women get a discharge all the time regardless of whether or not they are capable of a period. Sometimes that uterine lining sheds a bit for real reason, this is going to cause the brown discharge. It will not be cancer unless your doctor says it is cancer. There is no need to worry unless the doctor says so.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
    • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
    • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
    • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

07-20-2019, 01:51 AM By driiols
    • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
    • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
    • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
    • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
      I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
    • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
    Working...
    X